Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: woohoo sidekick plan on iphone

Default woohoo sidekick plan on iphone
    hey everyone, well i think ive found something new. im a flex pay plan with tmobile for my sidekick(now i have the iphone though) and i called to change the plan, and they said they could do it but it wouldnt take effect untill my next willing cycle started which is in 2 weeks, so with that said i was finishing setting up my iphone today and i put the tzones hack in along with epc.tmobile.com as the APN and the E comes up at the top for edge and i been browseing the internet all day during football and doing everything else. so i called them back just to see if i had my sidekick plan,( i didnt wanna go over my text if they did change my plans earlier) and the rep said nope i was still using my sidekick plan ..
    Soo bottom line if some one else wants to try it, the sidekick plan is workable with the iphone... unlocked with winpwn 2.5 tzones hack through cydia Firmware 2.0.2

either way its 19.99 for the sidekick unlimited which is unlimited text and internet and with the t-zones hack its 5.99 +14.99 for unlimited text, it adds up to about the same price haha

AIM: eQuiS Ch3x

when i had my sk lx i tried it on wap.voicestream.com it aint work i mite try it again with my friends sk . Is the web fast ? i cant stand this t-zones its to slow & im useing the epc apn im bout to go to the 19.99 internet plan but try the sk plan first useing one of my friends sk.

I'm currently on the sidekick plan.. I can't connect to safari,youtube,or email if i'm not in a wifi area. it says i'm not suscribed to edge, than it says it cannot find the server..

Would this work on a 3G even TMobile runs on EDGE?

i just tried this and i have the tmobile prepay and im on the sidekick plan, and now i have the internet on my iphone! im so pumped haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevinchaparro View Post
    I'm currently on the sidekick plan.. I can't connect to safari,youtube,or email if i'm not in a wifi area. it says i'm not suscribed to edge, than it says it cannot find the server..
    Have you downloaded the T-Zones Hack from Cydia?

Im on T-Mobile with 5.99 T-Zones plan, and $14.99 unlimited messaging plan, and everything works great.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

YEAA>..I dont have to go and invest in a t-zones plan or nothing monthly!!!!.
    Thanks for the heads up
    This is raw...
    Ok
    I have T-Mobile Pre-paid and supposedly only have a voice plan. I put like $100 in June and now I have like $50 left, but again I have no data plan.....
    and now I have it working...and dont have to pay anything monthly, I haven't spent anything on my iPhone really since I updated my account in June.

so you're saying that you can access the internet on your iphone through T-Mobiles sidekick plan? please explain...what apn did you use?

i have an iphone 2G on t-mobile with total internet, and i also have a sk 08, with the sk plan. i stuck the sim card from the sk into my iphone, and could not access the internet at all. i tried apn's wap.voicestream.com, hiptop.t-mobile.com, and internet2.voicestream.com.

no go.

please confirm/elaborate. thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h.abdulhamid86 View Post
    so you're saying that you can access the internet on your iphone through T-Mobiles sidekick plan? please explain...what apn did you use?

i have an iphone 2G on t-mobile with total internet, and i also have a sk 08, with the sk plan. i stuck the sim card from the sk into my iphone, and could not access the internet at all. i tried apn's wap.voicestream.com, hiptop.t-mobile.com, and internet2.voicestream.com.

no go.

please confirm/elaborate. thanks.
    Actually I don't have a SK SIM anymore, I have a regular prepaid sim. But since you have a sk SIM, do like the thread starter said and use etc.tmobile.com as the APN, which is the same one I'm using. This internet is much faster than t-zones.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    Actually I don't have a SK SIM anymore, I have a regular prepaid sim. But since you have a sk SIM, do like the thread starter said and use etc.tmobile.com as the APN, which is the same one I'm using. This internet is much faster than t-zones.
    ok, so i tried it again, using apn: epc.tmobile.com....and it worked!!! my first speed test was 178kbps, then 181! i was surprised. but then i noticed the the busy wheel would stay spinning in the status bar even after the page was loaded. i even opened a blank page and closed all other pages, and it was still spinning. anyone else get this?

i don't like the idea(at all) that my browser is having to constantly work with this apn, as it could have an adverse effect on load times as well as battery life.

btw, sim cards are not model/plan specific. they simply link to your network. no such thing as an sk sim card.

Thanks

I know...but I was talking about one with a sidekick plan on it...
    instead of a regular t-mobile plan...they're different

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i fell like this epc.tmobile.com apn is a bust to catch all us iphone users lol

epc.tmobile.com seems to work with every data plan. tzones, total internet, sidekick plan... or were all on a apn that does not support our data plans and we're all gonna be pissed next month when we get our phone bills.

something just doesn't seem right
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

unless you dont have a phone bill....(cough...prepaid)
    lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

darnit lol. i feel like trying out that prepay stuff. i jus use my phone so often i can't see going thru the hassle of adding minutes all the time. my phone is like my 11th finger. its attatched to me and never leaves my side lol thats how much i use it
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

hey guys, dont forget some thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    Have you downloaded the T-Zones Hack from Cydia?

Im on T-Mobile with 5.99 T-Zones plan, and $14.99 unlimited messaging plan, and everything works great.
    Umm I downloaded a tzones hack from bigboss. it was in the installer thing. I unlocked/jailbroke/activated it through ziphone though. Should I re-do it with iliberty?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevinchaparro View Post
    Umm I downloaded a tzones hack from bigboss. it was in the installer thing. I unlocked/jailbroke/activated it through ziphone though. Should I re-do it with iliberty?
    Well since you're talking about ziphone and iliberty you must be on 1.1.x... I don't think that will help you either way because if I'm not mistaken the T-Zone Hack that shows up for the 1.1.x uses TMO's old IP address and on Cydia for 2.x it has the new on... You have to SSH into your phone and change the IP manually, that is unless BigBoss updated the IP on it..
    Last edited by VBP2004EP3; 2008-09-22 at 07:53 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

yeah this is the ONLY way to get internet on your phone with prepay/flexpay BUT you have to have a sidekick to set it up. so they can check the imei on the sidekick to allow the server to be setup!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    yeah this is the ONLY way to get internet on your phone with prepay/flexpay BUT you have to have a sidekick to set it up. so they can check the imei on the sidekick to allow the server to be setup!
    No..I dont have a sidekick
    or t-zones
    or Unlimited Internet
    and I'm on prepaid with this option

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast