Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why such bad signal indoors?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Why such bad signal indoors?
    I have read about other people having bad signal strength indoors and I also do not get much over 1 bar if that while in my house. Any reasons why? Running 2.0.2 firmware.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

same with me, like lets say today... i went to the mountains/hills whatever by my friend's house and i got 5 bars of 3G but as soon as i go inside her house, i get no service 1 bar edge

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah very upsetting, thought it might be a software issue, but I know a friend of mine who sits next to me in my house with his iPhone on ATT and gets full signal but usually outdoors I have better coverage.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Might just be TMobile. I thought it was my phone when I couldn't get any signal at work. I ended up buying a BlackBerry Curve to use while at work...I got the same amount of bars as I did with my iPhone.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think that it's the 2.0 and up firmware. When I had 1.1.3 and .4 it worked perfectly both indoor and outdoor.

Thank you!!!! I am glad (well not really) that other people have the same issue. I have had my 2G iPhone for about a month (started with v2.0) and I go from 1 bar (2 if I am lucky) to no service indoors. It can't be T-mobile as I have had their service for 6 years and several phones (last one was an iPhone knock-off) and always had full signal strength indoors. I am hoping that 2.1 may correct this with the new baseband. Crossing my fingers and waiting for the dev team to update WinPwn w/ 2.1!!!!!!!