Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pandora on T-mobile t-zones hack works!

Default Pandora on T-mobile t-zones hack works!
    Using the old APN i wasnt able to get Pandora to work using edge. Using the new APN, Pandora works great, streams fine using edge. Just a heads up.

APN? What exactly does that mean and entail? I'd love to get Pandora working with my Tzones!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Shoe Man View Post
    Using the old APN i wasnt able to get Pandora to work using edge. Using the new APN, Pandora works great, streams fine using edge. Just a heads up.

Thanks for the information but in the future can you please give the why and how? This way you can eliminate all the questions if you just give the details in the beginning.....

New APN: epc.tmobile.com

Simply plug this in and use edge to stream music on the Pandora app.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Shoe Man For This Useful Post:

xxstatic (2008-09-15)

This is the new apn that replaces the: wap.voicestream?? please confirm..
    Pandora never worked on my phone.. cannot connect errors..

^Yes. I'm streaming music just fine using tzones hack, and new APN.

I entered it- but it didn't work. it just kept spinning and spinning.

And then.. 30 seconds in- IT WORKS! But does seem to get hung up often- about 30 second pause between songs- which obviously isn't good-but its a start

EDIT: MLB video works but very very very slowly As does Youtube. It says Youtube won't work- but jsut wait it out- and the video will eventually start to play.

This is awesome. Thanks for finding this.
    Last edited by fenwaywhalers; 2008-09-13 at 08:50 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question internet not working at all....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shoe Man View Post
    New APN: epc.tmobile.com

Simply plug this in and use edge to stream music on the Pandora app.
    I just upgraded my 8g 1st gen phone to 2.0.2 and used winpwn to unlock, jailbreak and activate. I just wanted to know if anyone has figured out a t-zones hack yet. i tried the surrealnetworks hack but no luck. it gives me an error. thanks

Worked great! Thanks

This works for me as well. I get a 20-25 second pause on EDGE for the first song (much less on WiFi), and then it plays. I get about the same pause between songs after this as I do no the web (1-4 seconds). Quality is the same stereo quality I get on WiFi. It's pretty damn good, especially considering the following five reasons...

1. It's FREE
    2. It plays music you actually LIKE
    3. There are NO commercials
    4. It works on EDGE
    5. It's FREE

This is has only been tested at home where I get 4 bars of signal. I haven't tried it traveling just yet.

EDIT: Double checked and payed closer attention, usually the edge pause between songs is 10 seconds or so.
    Last edited by T-Mobile-iPhone; 2008-09-20 at 05:11 AM.

I am not on the new APN however I did upgrade to version 2.1 and also upgraded my Pandora to the latest version and it works great.... sure there is the initial 10 second lag when I first open Pandora then after that it works fine... no lag between songs, it works great at work where we have no wifi and in my car...

Yup, I'm still using the old APN, but with the (somewhat) recent Pandora update, it works on wap.voicestream!
    This is amazing!

Thumbs up Oh My Jebus!
    Hah, this is fecking awesome! No spending money on satellite radio subscriptions, no having to put up with those annoying FM stations anymore, just Pandora!

Thank you, thank you!

It is not perfect though. . . It really is dependent on the signal strength.

But, hey it's free.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848