Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: *** New T-Mobile APN ***

a few tests the new: 137, 92, 102,130- AVG 115.25
    the old: 105, 130, 70, 77= AVg 95.5

I'm in LA, Cali in "the valley"

still not blazing- but at least youtube and Pandora work. Although the 30 second delay between songs on Pandora is a bit much.But we're getting there!
    Last edited by fenwaywhalers; 2008-09-16 at 01:55 AM.

I've never tried Pandora, but Tuner (accessing Shoutcast internet radio) is flawless on EDGE (T-Zones with new APN) and Wi-Fi; no delay between songs.

EDIT: I'll try Pandora tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulvig View Post
    Just wanted to thank you again bro!! I updated today to 2.1 but tzones stopped working? I installed/uninstalled the tzones hack 10 times until reading your post and did exactly as you said and walla!!
    You're very welcome. But this would have never been possible without the original thread poster's tip.
    Last edited by Lecram25; 2008-09-15 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can anyone please help me with this issue?
    I have a 3G with TurboSim hack updated with firmware 2.1.
    My Edge didn't work for 2 days after firmware upgrade, then all the sudden works..
    Then I tried to use the new APN epc.tmobile.com and I always get an error message " could not activate cellular data" If I change my APN back to "wap.voicestream.com" everything will work again..
    I live in Washington DC, Maryland area, will that have anything to do with it?
    Thanks in advance.

hey does anyone know the settings that should be used for swirly mms now? with this new apn setting?

I posted in this thread early about how SwirlyMMS still works for me (I'm on 2.0.2).

Use the same settings as before for the gatweay/MMSC, etc., but instead of leaving your APN (in SwirlyMMS) blank, input wap.voicestream.com (in SwirlyMMS). That way, your phone's APN is epc.tmobile.com, and SwirlyMMS still sends MMS through T-Mobile USA's MMS gateway: wap.voicestream.com.

Settings:

Code:
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

APN: wap.voicestream.com

Username and Password are left blank
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Lecram25; 2008-09-15 at 05:37 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I found out something interesting today because the new APN was not working for me so i called TMO to find out why my edge was not working like it had been. Apparently TMO is in the process of switching 'everyone' from WAP to the EPC to get ready for the roll out of 3G. They tried to get me to upgrade to total internet and used that as the excuse as to why my edge was not working. Did not buy it since I have been using tzones with the iphone since day one.

So anyway, if you find that EPC is not working for you maybe they have not gotten to your account yet or you can just call and see if you are still on WAP, if so have them switch you. I am amazed now that I am able to use Pandora over edge. Hope this helps those who are still experiencing issues...if I have you know the button to hit...!

While I was switching between "epc.tmobile.com" to "wap.voicestream.com" I lost the ability to use Edge at all.
    I tried to call T-Mobile customer service and the tech refused to help me until I agree to buy the $19.99 total internet plan..
    Is there a speed difference between "internet2.voicestream.com" and "wap.voicestream.com"
    Can anyone give me an answer to that?
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

EPC doesnt work here in Minnesota

After a little more use from epc, I have noticed a speed increase here in Worcester. I get about 175 kb/s with epc, and about 140 with voicestream. Also, pandora and mxtube are now working on epc, and neither worked on voicestream. I'll definitely be sticking with it.

AWESOMENESSSSS. I used it on 1.1.3 and it worked perfect. It was king of a bummer not having google maps and internet for the past 1-2 weeks.

Good looking out.

PS: i'm only on 113 cause I have 8 photo albums I need to salvage before upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by rrogan View Post
    After a little more use from epc, I have noticed a speed increase here in Worcester. I get about 175 kb/s with epc, and about 140 with voicestream. Also, pandora and mxtube are now working on epc, and neither worked on voicestream. I'll definitely be sticking with it.
    Hey rrogan same thing here and also from Worcester , I didn't think much better at first but then rebooted and tried pandora worked great as did CBS video and actually as long as maps, email and my cydia is available when no wifi Im a happy guy.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm glad to have helped everyone. I'm pumped about getting youtube over Edge too!

Now if someone could figure out a way to get wifi to work on my winpwn'd 2.0.2 2G !!!! Argggggggggggghhhhh!!!!!!!

i get faster connection using epc and most of app that didnt work on wap. works now. But for some reason the AOL Radio does not work with the epc apn. it keep saying connection lost but when i switch back to wap. it works perfectly. Anyone have similar problem ? i live in los angeles. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    I posted in this thread early about how SwirlyMMS still works for me (I'm on 2.0.2).

Use the same settings as before for the gatweay/MMSC, etc., but instead of leaving your APN (in SwirlyMMS) blank, input wap.voicestream.com (in SwirlyMMS). That way, your phone's APN is epc.tmobile.com, and SwirlyMMS still sends MMS through T-Mobile USA's MMS gateway: wap.voicestream.com.

Settings:

Code:
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

APN: wap.voicestream.com

Username and Password are left blank
    Hope that helps.
    how did you get a copy of swirlymms for 2.0? could you share?

thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Nice!!!
    thx man my "wap.voicestream" went down last night after a yr. and i just changed my apn to "epc"**** is flyin now. nice fix for Chi-Town(chicago il.)$5.99 plan

does anyone have an original unmodified preferences.plist file that i can have? I did my hack manually and i'm not sure what i would need to delete out of the plist to get it back to "stock" form.

thanks for any help

EDIT

Nevermind, found my old backup version from an old drive that had iphonebroswer on it haha. Also, i'm in chicago and the epc.tmobile.com apn is working fine and allows me to access youtube now. We'll see how long this lasts.

also for those who care, i'm still on 1.1.1 and i don't care cuz everything that i need works
    Last edited by jim0068; 2008-09-16 at 10:07 AM.

It sure is faster, highly appreciate this!!! now one thing I notice is that when I used maps, it gives me a location approx 5 miles away from my current location. anyone else encounter this?

Quote Originally Posted by newbalancebb View Post
    how did you get a copy of swirlymms for 2.0? could you share?

thanks!
    As a beta tester I cannot give it out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i just updated from 2.0.2 to 2.1 and that ecp.tmobile.com doesn't work

anyone know why

epc.tmobile.com not working for me in New York. Can someone else confirm this?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast