Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: *** New T-Mobile APN ***

Quote Originally Posted by timmyinpajamas View Post
    if u installed the hack it should of automatically entered the apn for you
    uninstall it beboot
    install it reboot
    then go to safari and load up google
    if it doesnt work try refreshing couple of times
    I tried to uninstall and got this message " subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1" anyone have any idea what this means?

I was able to uninstall and then reboot then installed tzone hack from cydia then reboot again and nothing..my apn says wap.voicestream.com but I have no connection only wifi
    Last edited by photomotoguy; 2008-09-14 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just upgraded to 2.0.2.

iTunes (on the iPhone) - Not working
    App Store - Not working
    Cydia - Works
    Installer - Works
    MobileChat - Works
    YouTube (everything) - Works
    Midomi - Works

For what is now working, the iTunes store and the App store are a small trade off IMHO.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Dont work for me...

Uninstall the T-Zones hack and restart your phone.

Then reset your network settings: Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

Then restart your phone and input the APN: epc.tmobile.com

Once done, restart your phone, once again, and then try www.google.com in Safari.

It should work.

Good luck.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lecram25 For This Useful Post:

JRML970 (2008-09-15), pitbulvig (2008-09-14)

it doesnt connect im on 1.1.4, i just downgraded from total internet to tzones since i dont use internet much, what should i do im using installer, i dont know much so lamens terms for me please

so just to clarify, there is no need to install tzones hack for the new apn to work?

Quote Originally Posted by socali914 View Post
    it doesnt connect im on 1.1.4, i just downgraded from total internet to tzones since i dont use internet much, what should i do im using installer, i dont know much so lamens terms for me please
    That is very weird because I just came from 1.1.4 and it worked just fine for me.

Since you just altered your data plan, might I suggest that you wait a bit for T-Mobile to make the change (correctly/properly)?

Quote Originally Posted by photomotoguy View Post
    so just to clarify, there is no need to install tzones hack for the new apn to work?
    Correct.

my speed test shows 25 or so, what do you recommend, cause wap.voicestream.com doesnt work , running 1.1.4

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

You are the man !!!!! My email finally works and youtube works with new app.

Quote Originally Posted by socali914 View Post
    my speed test shows 25 or so, what do you recommend, cause wap.voicestream.com doesnt work , running 1.1.4
    first time right ?? try running it 3 times .first time will show real low ..
    Last edited by BarcaMagic; 2008-09-14 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thanks it works, guess i had to wait ranges from 50-200 usually around 120 which i cant complain since im saving 14bucks a month now =) Thanks

epc.tmobile.com works great with everything for me except the itunes appstore, anyone know what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Uninstall the T-Zones hack and restart your phone.

Then reset your network settings: Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

Then restart your phone and input the APN: epc.tmobile.com

Once done, restart your phone, once again, and then try Google in Safari.

It should work.

Good luck.
    Just wanted to thank you again bro!! I updated today to 2.1 but tzones stopped working? I installed/uninstalled the tzones hack 10 times until reading your post and did exactly as you said and walla!!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

What are the steps in doing this APN ? where do i put it?

My wife and I both have an iPhone running pwned 2.02. the only differences are mine is a 8gig with 4.6bl and hers is a 4gig with 3.9bl. this worked for me but not for her. any ideas?

i think all the tzones hack does is automatically insert the apn for you .. try manually inserting it .. if it doenst work then install the hack and reboot then it shall work ..

pyschobilly .. go to settings>general>networkcellular data network> apn ..
    insert either
    wap.voicestream.com or
    epc.tmobile.com

then leave username and password blank exit and open safari like yahoo or something
    if u get an error refresh it couple times

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Sweet!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kchociej View Post
    I just put this in and it works epc.tmobile.com
    Just wanted to share it with the folks who are having problems. Seems to be quicker too.
    I live on a tiny island on Oahu in Hawaii and we barely even get service much less theability to connect to anny kind of internet. This new apn is the best. I only get like 60kbps bu i didn't have **** before. Thanks again homes....

Here in Phoenix I'm getting around 250 k/s with the new APN. Good looking out. THANKS!!!!!!
    Last edited by casewicked; 2008-09-15 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Grammar
    32GB 3GS / iPad Wi-Fi 32GB

thank you SO much for the tip!

i was getting 64 down and 48 up before.
    now i'm getting 114 down and 74 up!

YouTube finally works without wireless!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

Getting around 100 down in chicago (fluctuates-- goes between 80kbps and 140)

just wish appstore worked..
    Last edited by chbearsrock; 2008-09-15 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by timmyinpajamas View Post
    i think all the tzones hack does is automatically insert the apn for you .. try manually inserting it .. if it doenst work then install the hack and reboot then it shall work ..

pyschobilly .. go to settings>general>networkcellular data network> apn ..
    insert either
    wap.voicestream.com or
    epc.tmobile.com

then leave username and password blank exit and open safari like yahoo or something
    if u get an error refresh it couple times
    No. What the T-Zones proxy hack does is recognize your IP, and if it's in a certain range (originally 10.x.x.x, now 25.x.x.x and 10.x.x.x), all internet activities would be routed through the proxy gateway.

You still had to input the wap.voicestream.com APN manually.

Now for the new APN, there is absolutely no need for the T-Zones hack. All someone would need to do is have the $5.99 T-Zones added to their T-Mobile account as well as inputing the APN, epc.tmobile.com, into their iPhone.

Hope that clears up any more confusion.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast