Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Voicemail indicator on after reboot.

Default Voicemail indicator on after reboot.
    My voicemail indicator is always on after a reboot whether I have voicemail or not. I'm guessing it's because I'm on T-mobile. Is anyone else have this issue? Not a big problem but it's very annoying.

Thanks

When you finish listening to Voicemail, do you properly sign out or do you simply hang up? The voicemail indicator needs to know that the voicemails have been listened to, and it does that by getting the proper signal from your server. Try sending yourself another voicemail, listen to it, then log out. With our company you log out by pressing "*". Not sure what it is for T-mobile.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    When you finish listening to Voicemail, do you properly sign out or do you simply hang up? The voicemail indicator needs to know that the voicemails have been listened to, and it does that by getting the proper signal from your server. Try sending yourself another voicemail, listen to it, then log out. With our company you log out by pressing "*". Not sure what it is for T-mobile.
    Thanks for reply. After I listen my msg. I delete 'em (by pressing 7)then the indicator is gone until I reboot. After reboot, it' on again even though there is no msg in my voicemail box. It never happen with any other phone I had.

Quote Originally Posted by chox99 View Post
    My voicemail indicator is always on after a reboot whether I have voicemail or not. I'm guessing it's because I'm on T-mobile. Is anyone else have this issue? Not a big problem but it's very annoying.
    Yeah I have this same issue. I'm guessing it has something to do with being on Tmo. It happens every time I reboot or lose and reacquire a signal. Only way I've found to get rid of it is check my voicemail, even though there isn't any.
    Last edited by 1lapilot; 2008-09-10 at 06:05 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Pull out the sim card, power off. Power on and then reinsert the sim card... see if that works.

Good question- same thing happens to me. Even when I turn the phone off and back on again. Nothing seems to fix it.

This has been discussed many times and if you search you can find the answer. You currently have an older sim card and to get rid of the voice mail notification after rebooting you need to buy a new sim card. You can go to a T-Mobile store and buy a new sim card for $20, sometimes they will give you one for free, and then your problem will be fixed.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JRML970 For This Useful Post:

fenwaywhalers (2008-09-11)

Quote Originally Posted by JRML970 View Post
    This has been discussed many times and if you search you can find the answer. You currently have an older sim card and to get rid of the voice mail notification after rebooting you need to buy a new sim card. You can go to a T-Mobile store and buy a new sim card for $20, sometimes they will give you one for free, and then your problem will be fixed.
    Thanks for the answer-I've had the same problem for the last year but I've just toughed it out. Has anyone actually done this and had success? I don't wanna fork out the $20 if it doesn't work, ya know? PS what kind of SIM card do you request? or is there just one type? Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its a problem with SIM Card, Get rid of the old sim card, and get the new SIM Card, should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by motamedn View Post
    Thanks for the answer-I've had the same problem for the last year but I've just toughed it out. Has anyone actually done this and had success? I don't wanna fork out the $20 if it doesn't work, ya know? PS what kind of SIM card do you request? or is there just one type? Thanks!
    From personal experience and the several threads on this subject, it works. Just go to a T-Mobile store or authorized dealer and ask for a new sim. Just say you have an older version and it's been giving you voicemail problems. Usually they won't ask questions and they will just port your number to the new sim and your problem will be fixed.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JRML970 For This Useful Post:

motamedn (2008-10-06)

yeah i too have the same problem with the voicemail indicator. Maybe I'll try the new sim card method.

Quote Originally Posted by JRML970 View Post
    From personal experience and the several threads on this subject, it works. Just go to a T-Mobile store or authorized dealer and ask for a new sim. Just say you have an older version and it's been giving you voicemail problems. Usually they won't ask questions and they will just port your number to the new sim and your problem will be fixed.
    Hey guys, this definitely worked for me. I went to the T-Mobile store and asked them for a new SIM card. The guy didn't want to charge me 20 bucks so he told me to buy something on clearance and he'd throw the card in for free. Best of all-it worked! No more damn false voicemail notification. It doesn't say the # of voicemails, but I think thats an AT&T only feature. Hope this helped!

New sim does not fix voicemail indicator. They were suppose switch my sim and they screwed up and change wides sim while I was on the phone wife never had this issue, now she does.