Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Zones hack stopped working suddenly?

Default T-Zones hack stopped working suddenly?
    Apparently T-Mobile changed the IP address and you will need to change it in the proxy file to fix.

here's a link

Hackint0sh - View Single Post - [T-Zones hack] - Comverse Error

I changed mine using ibrickr because i can't get iphonebroswer to work and i'm still lazy and am on 1.1.1

Hope that helps

If you are curious, i edited the file using notepad

--------------------

Edit the above link has the wrong location, here's the proper location:
    private/var/root/proxy.pac

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jim0068 For This Useful Post:

LogicAl2008 (2008-09-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

You should really think about updating your fw...there have been SO many fixes/changes from the 1.1.1 release.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    what bout for 1.1.3 or 1.1.4???

Quote Originally Posted by jim0068 View Post
    Apparently T-Mobile changed the IP address and you will need to change it in the proxy file to fix.

here's a link

Hackint0sh - View Single Post - [T-Zones hack] - Comverse Error

I changed mine using ibrickr because i can't get iphonebroswer to work and i'm still lazy and am on 1.1.1

Hope that helps

If you are curious, i edited the file using notepad

--------------------

Edit the above link has the wrong location, here's the proper location:
    private/var/root/proxy.pac
    Is there somewhere on the internet that explains exactly how to do this? I've been trying to fix this for 3 days. I've done searches. I've been on the internet for hours.

I used iphonebrowser and couldn't find proxy.pac file. I couldn't find the string to edit. I couldn't find anything. Edge still isn't working.

1. Download WinSCP (http://winscp.net/download/winscp416setup.exe) and install.
    2. Enable WiFi on the iPhone and get it on your network
    > Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Blue Arrow in Circle ... you should see the IP address of you iPhone
    3. Disable Auto-Lock on iPhone
    4. WinSCP to the iPhone and navigate to /private/var/preferences
    >username: root
    >password: alpine
    5. Right-Click proxy.pac and drag to Desktop - Choose "copy" - Click Copy button
    6. Open file on Desktop in Notepad/Wordpad and make the change - save it
    7. Right-Click proxy.pac on Desktop and drag to WinSCP - Choose "copy"
    8. Close WinSCP and reboot iPhone

The fix posted by Jim0068 to "nrg"'s posting did the trick for me.

My wife and I both lost access to the Internet via the T-Zone hack on our 1.1.4 iPhones sometime after Saturday the 6th.
    We are in St Pete, FL, btw.
    Last edited by LogicAl2008; 2008-09-11 at 07:10 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LogicAl2008 For This Useful Post:

dc2610 (2008-09-11), eeetripl (2008-09-12)

Quote Originally Posted by chbearsrock View Post
    You should really think about updating your fw...there have been SO many fixes/changes from the 1.1.1 release.
    Ya i know, i've just been lazy and i also have to sync my contacts and deauthorize my other itunes account because i have a new hard drive.

I will eventually lol because i want outlook on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by LogicAl2008 View Post
    1. Download WinSCP (SourceForge.net: Downloading ...) and install.
    > Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Blue Arrow in Circle ... you should see the IP address of you iPhone
    5. Right-Click proxy.pac and drag to Desktop - Choose "copy" - Click Copy button

My wife and I both lost access to the Internet via the T-Zone hack on our 1.1.4 iPhones sometime after Saturday the 6th.
    Excellent explanation, or for those on windows and can get Iphonebrowser to work, you can also use that. It is a much simpler operation imo if you can get iphonebrowswer to work.
    Last edited by jim0068; 2008-09-12 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by LogicAl2008 View Post
    1. Download WinSCP (SourceForge.net: Downloading ...) and install.

Please forgive me if this question sounds newbish. I got lost on #5. What is a proxy.pac but more importantly how can i get to it?

the proxy.PAC file is basically the proxy hack that makes the t-zones work. It should already be on the phone if you've done this hack before (no matter how u did it in the past). So you need to grab it off your phone and then open it with some kind of text editor (wordpad for example) and look at the file and change the 10.0.0.0 to 25.0.0.0, save it and then put the file back on your phone.

If you cant figure it out let me know and ill send youy proxy.pac file.

Haha, thats the thing. I"m not sure if this phone has it or not. I purchased it from a previous owner which was also a tmobile user. However, he was able to use the internet with his sim (keep in mind, it was before the tmobile changes). I don't see proxy in cydia so I'm assuming he didn't install it.

The only thing I did was download the "TZones Hack" and typed "wap.voicestream.com" into my APN. I'm not sure if its a factor, but I have the "total internet" plan. Which did not work for me by the way.

I have no experience dealing with proxy anything so can give a list type description on the procedure? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by vc24 View Post
    Haha, thats the thing. I"m not sure if this phone has it or not. I purchased it from a previous owner which was also a tmobile user. However, he was able to use the internet with his sim (keep in mind, it was before the tmobile changes). I don't see proxy in cydia so I'm assuming he didn't install it.

The only thing I did was download the "TZones Hack" and typed "wap.voicestream.com" into my APN. I'm not sure if its a factor, but I have the "total internet" plan. Which did not work for me by the way.

I have no experience dealing with proxy anything so can give a list type description on the procedure? Thanks in advance!
    if u have total internet plan you don need the hack uninstall it and in your apn type internet2.wapstream.com something like like

Quote Originally Posted by timmyinpajamas View Post
    if u have total internet plan you don need the hack uninstall it and in your apn type internet2.wapstream.com something like like
    You know what, I heard that too. But it didn't work so tried to dl the "TZone Hack" because it didn't hurt, or so I thought. Anyhow, I uninstalled it and typed "internet2.wapstream.com" which seemed to do nothing. The Edge symbol didn't even appear. The strange part is that my APN is blank every time I go back. I did not restart.

Maybe these facts might aid you in finding a solution.
    - 8GB 2G iPhone with 2.0.1 Firmware
    - The only thing I did was install "TZones Hack" and typed "wap.streamvoice.com"

I have been in and out of forums for the past 3 days trying to find a solution. So I'll be extremely grateful if someone could help me out.

I just wanted to add.

When I try to connect, it states "Could not activate cellular data network" and "Safari can't open the page because it is not connected to the Internet".

I took it to my tmobile provider yesterday and they double checked that I had total internet. And proved it to me by using my sim card on another phone, which worked. So could it possible be my firmware? Everything is absolutely great when I'm on Wifi. Everything works; sites, youtube, maps, weather, etc.
    Last edited by vc24; 2008-09-13 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    first off it should be wap.voicestream.com

not wap.streamvoice.com as you state you have it...

Quote Originally Posted by pickeledpeter View Post
    first off it should be wap.voicestream.com

not wap.streamvoice.com as you state you have it...
    My apologizes, I am running on 3 hours of sleep. I'm trying to complete my work and get this resolve asap. I actually have "wap.streamvoice.com" in my phone but typed the wrong thing on the forum. Any suggests would be appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by vc24; 2008-09-14 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vc24 View Post
    My apologizes, I am running on 3 hours of sleep. I'm trying to complete my work and get this resolve asap. I actually have "wap.streamvoice.com" in my phone but typed the wrong thing on the forum. Any suggests would be appreciated, thanks!

lol you messed it up again

wap.voicestream.com for tzones hack

internet2.voicestream.com for total internet package

This shitt is madd confusing
    anyone figure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by suhailtheboss View Post

lol you messed it up again

wap.voicestream.com for tzones hack

internet2.voicestream.com for total internet package
    Thanks! "internet2.voicestream.com" worked for me. I just wanted to remind people that there is a 2-3 day waiting period before it is active. I didn't know that and as a result I spent 3 days trying to find the solution.