Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! T-Mobile 2.0.2 diaster!!!!

Thanks

Exclamation HELP!!! T-Mobile 2.0.2 diaster!!!!
    ok so heres how it goes

i bought this iphone about a month ago and unlocked it

it had 1.1.4 on it and i unlocked it using ziphone (bad idea), after that, it would freeze ALL the time, so i put on indepedance and that seemed to fix the problem, well the next thing i know, the wifi stops working, so i updated my iphone to the new software (2.0.2) hopeing that this would solve the problem

now, heres ware it gets tricky

i upgraded it to 2.0.2 and it was stuck in the activation mode,

so i downloaded winpwn 2.0.0.4 and made a custom firmware of 2.0.1 so i culd install it. i tried to put my iphone in the DFU mode, but i wasnt able to, 3 phone calls later to apple and i got nowhere, so i just booted it into recovery mode, hoping pressing shift and selecting my firmware would fix it,
    so it gives me the "itunes error 6" and i have done everything, tried it on my mac, restarted both, re installed itunes both times, and everything i read on other posts about,

HELP PLEASE!!!! I REALLY NEED SOME HELP!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

restoring in dfu mode should fix it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

First off, if your in a restore mode, its never a bad idea to restore to a non-custom firmware, just to make the distinction as to whether its your phone or if its a problem with "ziphones" custom firmware. Put your phone in DFU mode, restore to non custom firmware. Repeat with custom firmware (i personally have used quickpwn and winpwn, winpwn is my favorite). If your phone is still uncooperative, try downgrading your Itunes to 7.5(yes, regarding some instances this actually does make a big difference), and reinstalling base 1.1.4(its a very stable firmware), then pwn from there. Hope I helped, and good luck!
    Last edited by Grassmasta; 2008-09-10 at 07:42 AM.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok first off Winpwn 2.0.0.4 is designed for 2.0.1 and earlier. So since you upgraded to 2.0.2 and then tried to use earlier winpwn builds it doesnt have any sort of support for the later firmware.
    Next your phone was off Im assuming and tried to put your phone into normal restore via holding home and plugging in. well, that will work usually going straight from a custom firmware to another custom firmware. (upgrading not downgrading)

You need to download Winpwn 2.5 and build a custom 2.0.2 and use DFU to get to the current custom.

Thanks

i did that, i reinstalled itunes but it gave me a error 20
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The new iTunes 8, will no longer install custom firmware! You will now have to revert to using quickpwn. I don't know if you updated your iTunes or not, but if you did, that's your problem.