Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: t-zones Hack and Going to Another Country

Default t-zones Hack and Going to Another Country
    Hello all,

I have an unlocked 1.1.3, 4.6 iPhone with the working t-zones hack. Is there anything I need to change/remove if I go to another country to use the local GSM provider's EDGE network? I am going to put a SIM card from them, and not use T-Mobile. I am wondering because the hack required entering T-mobile specific information in the proxy.pac and plist. Thanks.

Anyone?

Help please?

Okay, so I assume I just need to remove the preferences.plist and proxy.pac...?

The way it works, is it checks the ip address assigned to you. If it's in the range that T-mobile uses, then it uses proxy.pac. If not, then proxy.pac is ignored.

You should be good to go without editing anything, but install a terminal just to be on the safe side. If it doesn't work, then you can try renaming proxy.pac and reboot.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to josetann For This Useful Post:

MJedi (2008-03-19)

Quote Originally Posted by josetann View Post
    The way it works, is it checks the ip address assigned to you. If it's in the range that T-mobile uses, then it uses proxy.pac. If not, then proxy.pac is ignored.

You should be good to go without editing anything, but install a terminal just to be on the safe side. If it doesn't work, then you can try renaming proxy.pac and reboot.
    Thanks for replying! What about the T-mobile-specific info in the preferences.plist? There is an entry in there for the T-mobile APN, etc. Do I delete those, or the entire plist?

You may need to set a new APN. which provider will you be using their?

Quote Originally Posted by erdcaged View Post
    You may need to set a new APN. which provider will you be using their?
    I will be using Globe in the Philippines.

Help?