Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tmobile on Iphone is not working

Exclamation Tmobile on Iphone is not working
    Hello everyone,
    I have an iPhone unlocked v 1.4. Everything was working fine until today. The phone is not working, keeps asking about the network, I can see the tMobile network, but it won't connect to it.
    My friend with an iphone and tmobile is experiencing the same issue today. We are in NYC, anyone else is having that issue or knows how to fix it?? Please help!!!

dude i just posted a smililar thread i too am in NYC and i have v 1.1 and it randomly stopped working it shows the bars but no carrier when i go to network it shows tmobile and att but when i choose tmobile it says the networtk is unavailble

yeap, i saw your thread It's awful, I'm hoping this is random error and noone else is getting it. Lets see what others will say... and maybe moderators can group our topics.

Default same ****
    Quote Originally Posted by cyx View Post
    dude i just posted a smililar thread i too am in NYC and i have v 1.1 and it randomly stopped working it shows the bars but no carrier when i go to network it shows tmobile and att but when i choose tmobile it says the networtk is unavailble
    This morning - EDGE stopped working, and around 12-1pm I've got "Network Lost" message described above

yea man i thought i was only me its relief to hear im not the only one , not that its a good thing. wait a sec it came bac but i still get call fail
    and my txt still arent going thru

the same thing happened to me as well but then when i went to setting and carrier tmobile popped back up and i clicked it and now im on it again so i guess it was just a random error....im in nyc too.....got scared for a sec.....but it should be good now

i think its working again , it musta been a tmobile service error im not sure if it is gonna go bac to no service i shudnt speak too soon

I remember reading somewhere that T-mobile is planning to launch its 3g newtwok (on Sept 3rd, 2008). My "T-mobile" logo did not come back .... Are you in NYC downtown?

yea im in nyc downtown right now city hall , its bac but its still a little shaky some calls still dont go thru and some txt still go undelieverd. hmm im glad u mentioned the 3g launch that may be it

Broadway & Wall St, 5 bloсks from city hall - still no T-mobile....

well actually im on broadway 253 lol i got it bac maybe ull get it soon.

Mine is working now. What was it?!?!

probably the 3g launch

I still have no service...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

in my office (park & 26th) i can place a call but i cannot text message (error sending message, it says). While i was out and about at the AFM (48th and 8th) and Tekserve (23rd and 6th) it didn't even say t-mobile. it'd see it in the carrier settings, but immediately upon selecting t-mobile, i'd get the network lost popup.... so i was able to make some calls from the office here (says i have full bars) but still cannot text.....

update:
    source: [Bb-Outage] Fw: T-Mobile Customer Initial Outage notification for NEW YORK NY

To: Vendor Outage Advisory
    Sent: Tue Sep 02 12:42:44 2008
    Subject: T-Mobile Customer Initial Outage notification for NEW YORK NY

T-Mobile Customer Initial Outage notification for
    NEW YORK NY

Ticket Number : 548169
    Start Time : 09/02/08 12:38:12 PM (09/02/08 4:38:12 PM(GMT))
    End Time :
    Service(s) : Originating/Terminating Calls
    Description : Customer in the Manhattan, NY area may experience a degradation of voice and data services due to a fault on NYMSS913. Spatial Tier 2 is investigating the issue.
    Geographic Location(s) : Manhattan, NY
    Status Update : Customer in the Manhattan, NY area may experience a degradation of voice and data services due to a fault on NYMSS913. Spatial Tier 2 is investigating the issue.
    Market(s) : NEW YORK NY

PLEASE NOTE THAT DATES/TIMES SHOWN ARE IN THE TIMEZONE OF THE TICKET CREATOR.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this network outage notification is confidential and proprietary to T-Mobile USA, Inc.. It is intended only for T-Mobile employees and the customers receiving this distribution. This network outage notification is being sent to you as a T-Mobile service. The above estimated resolution time and other information contained in this notification are offered only as an estimate and do not guarantee a resolution or commitment of any kind.
    Trouble Ticket Corporate CIM Notification

================================================== ============================
    Pursuant to U.S. Treasury Department Circular 230, unless we
    expressly state otherwise, any tax advice contained in this
    communication (including any attachments) was not intended
    or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose
    of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties or (ii) promoting,
    marketing or recommending to another party any matter(s)
    addressed herein.

This e-mail message, including attachments, is confidential,
    is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may
    contain information that is privileged, attorney work product,
    proprietary or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
    The unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction
    of this e-mail message, including attachments, is strictly
    prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or are
    not an intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender
    and delete this e-mail message, including attachments,
    from your computer. Thank you.
    Last edited by AAAARRRRRRGGGGG; 2008-09-02 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello,
    I have been using T-Mobile on my unlocked 1st gen iPhone for about a year. Things have been great except when I upgraded to the 2.0 firmware via Pwnage 2.0.1 about a few weeks ago. Then just last week, after a couple of weeks in the new firmware, I got my first symptom of bad news, ("Network Lost" Your selected network is no longer available. You can choose a different network in Settings.) I called T-Mob and they helped by making me turn off the phone and reinsert the SIM. I repeated this process a few times and after some painstaking minutes I was back on. A few days have past this then, but my iPhone is down again. My Motorola Razr phone works great after I insert my SIM, but when I insert it into my iPhone, I keep getting "No Service,"or the "Network Lost," prompt. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? Reflash the baseband via bootneuter? Reimage the iPhone via QuickPwn or Pwnage? Kneel before Jobs and his AT&T monolith and ask for financial penalties? Help Please

i unlocked my iphone 1st gen with winpwn. i had it with 2.0 it worked great for about 4 days then i had to restore with itunes. stopped working, so i restored again.

again 3 days ago it stopped working. i got intermittent service here and there and now its just no service at all! i restored it and still no service. i got the new winpwn. and put the apple restore on. then unlocked that one again to 2.0.2. its unlocked but it still says serching.. or no signal.. or _ _ _ _ (signal bars).

what ive tried:
    resetting network settings, call forwarding: said it could not save settings, i tried "show my caller id": i turned it on. i think maybe theres an error to do with the communication b/w the sim and the phone maybe??

i have a 2g and i was running 2.1 qwckpwn for about 8 months then about 2-3 days ago it started loosing the carrier and not allowing calls saying network lost so i just upgraded to 3.0 n worked for a call then same thing i used redsnow this time i see no replys that have answers but wanted too share that everyone is not alone i am from mass. so i don't think it has anything to do with where ya live. . .