Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tmomail.net messages filtered !?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default tmomail.net messages filtered !?
    I've been looking at the forum for the past 2 hours and none seem to have this problem, so here it is:

at T-Mobile, each customer has an e-mail address [email protected] (where the xxx replace the phone number).

Since I've switched to iPhone, I stopped getting "some" of these e-mails.

At first I was thinking that they had issues with their SMS gateway (that picks up e-mails and send them to me via SMS), so I called.

Of course,they don't officially support the iPhone, but I was told to try a T-Mobile branded phone. So I did, my old phone gets ALL the e-mails, my wife does as well using my SIM card.

Now the e-mails I am missing are sporadic, I get paged from my workplace e-mails (and I don't get those), I get my personal e-mails from gmail, I don't get the personal ones from Hotmail.
    So I decided to setup a forwarder in my personal gmail account, but my work e-mails (when I am on call) forwarded to gmail and there again forwarded to my TMOMAIL number, DO GET forwarded, my never reach my iPhone. I DO NOT get any e-mails back as "service unreachable" or stuff like that.
    So now I am thinking that some sort of SPAM filter is on, so I sent myself test e-mail of all kind of types (html, non-html, corrected URL, swears, curse, bad language words), but it's not making a sense, I get all my bad curses and swears to it, I didn't get my "corrected URL" where I remove the hyperlinks.

Now I believe I am getting all SMS that people send me (who knows thou!?) but the e-mails still not coming, no bounces, nothing.

Just for an FYI. TMOMAIL.NET SMS gateway server pick up the e-mails and send them to me by SMS, these SMS come from random numbers all in the 3000 range (3000 to 3999) or so it seems, and the format of thee is:
    3822 (SMS from TMO)
    e-mail coming from / subecjt of the e-mail / content of the e-mail

Does anyone ever seen this issue? Please help, this week I am on call and I am not getting any pages. I have to put my wife phone on call.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i seem to not have a problem getting them

i no longer get my [email protected] text/emails anymore, I know I had my main email carbon copy emails to it, I just don't get em anymore. I bet it's either a port issue, or a format issue... iphone doesn't support picture messages, unless it's email, so it has to come in as "text message" not quite sure the format text is in, can't be html. It may be a simple setting in your forward "send as text" really not sure man... I wish I could help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Waiting on MMS
    The issue is that the "some" messages I lose are being converted to MMS and the iPhone can't do anything about that yet.

I found SwirlyMMS, but as of right now it's not working for a 2.x firmware.

I hope this product will come out soon.

BTW, I've called T-Mobile to see if there was something I can do about that (thinking maybe they would let my message ONLY go SMS instead MMS) and they sent me to the SwirlyMMS site with instructions on how to configure it.

SwirlyMMS is a third party application that may allow customers to send and receive MMS on their iPhone. If a customer calls in for the MMS settings have them follow these steps:

1. Open the SwirlyMMS application
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Enter the following info:
    * MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    * Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    * APN: wap.voicestream.com
    * Username: <Blank>
    * Password: <Blank>
    4. Click Save.

NOTE: Use the installer program that is put on this device to download the SwirlyMMS program. This Swirly MMS program requires some programs to work. Those programs are Mobile Finder & Mobile Preview. As well as bsd subsystem 2.1 package

Quote Originally Posted by bellyface View Post
    i no longer get my [email protected] text/emails anymore, I know I had my main email carbon copy emails to it, I just don't get em anymore. I bet it's either a port issue, or a format issue... iphone doesn't support picture messages, unless it's email, so it has to come in as "text message" not quite sure the format text is in, can't be html. It may be a simple setting in your forward "send as text" really not sure man... I wish I could help
    Uhh this issue has absolutely nothing todo with Picture messaging. SMHH

Anyway, i am having the same problem and i am literally getting ready togo back to AT&T because of this.

I am trying todo the same thing of the person who created this post. I want to receive "alerts" (forwards to [email protected]). I believe that it's either two things, they have limited the amount of characters since September/October 2008, or they broke it and dont know what they did. I personally think that they changed something after switching from Web2go from T-Zones. Of course every idiot over at T-mobile customer service doesnt know sh** and to add insult to injury the Tech Support team is absolutely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by dito74 View Post
    The issue is that the "some" messages I lose are being converted to MMS and the iPhone can't do anything about that yet.

I found SwirlyMMS, but as of right now it's not working for a 2.x firmware.
    I did what you said here and now i can receive unlimited characters via SMS. One thing i dont like is that it doesnt wake my screen and preview the msg just like the regular txting but this will do for now..

So this proves my point in the other thread that T-mobile's issue is because 3 things

1. They changed their character limit for SMS when they migrated to Web2Go plans.
    OR
    2. They are complete idiots and dont want to correct mistake they've made. (consider the fact that text msging is tha new email, for people who dont know or understand what i mean just disregard my entire post)
    OR, FINALLY
    3. They are completely clueless, which most people who work at T-mobile are...no pun intended to anyone who works their on this forum.
    Last edited by ChrisfromthaDtothaPHX; 2009-03-28 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default It's all about the providers...
    The thing is that when an SMS reached over 240 characters (I believe, not 100% sure), it becomes an MMS, also if it has media attached to it it becomes and MMS.

T-Mobile treats them as they are and let their phones pull them with the appropriate program, AT&T on the other hand transform them for you into an e-mail sent to your @cingularMe address because they have no phones with MMS application, they will just charge you for data.

Now I am not sure what is the difference on the price, I know that all the ISP make a fortune on SMS/MMS that can potentially be free.

I resolved this problem with SwirlyMMS, try it and if you think it's worth, buy it. It's under Cydia, the only thing that I don't like about it is that it's tight to the iPhone, so once you change iPhone, you will have to re-purchase it.
    Also there aren't many settings as ringotones change or contious sound if you don't pick it up. iPhone OS 3.0 will wipe SwirlyMMS out of the market as they are adding MMS, forcing AT&T to change their data transformation based by phone.

The license is only 8$, I was able to expense it for work as I am often on call at night, something the fact I cannot change the above mentioned settings, doesn't wake me up and I have to manage to work around it on my own.

I also know there is a cracked SwirlyMMS out there, not sure if it works or how.

P.S. Sorry for mistakes, my 2 year old son was pounding on the keyboard while posting this...
    Last edited by dito74; 2009-03-28 at 03:50 PM. Reason: errors

Yeah my parents email/text my phone from their computers at work to tell me things while I'm in school.

Sometimes i get it as a regular SMS but sometimes i get it as an MMS, and SwirlyMMS works perfectly for me with MMS messages