Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After 1.1.3 upgrade, EDGE very unstable

Default After 1.1.3 upgrade, EDGE very unstable
    After i did the 1.1.3 upgrade, my EDGE has become very unstable sometimes my signal strenth is full and i try to access any website and it stalls for ever and said "Safari could not open... bla bla " but sometimes it works flawlessly...

The other issue is that a got the total internet plan but i can never use the APN setting "internet2 or internet3" just "wap" and every time i try one of the refered above it said " you are not subscribe to EDGE" etc...

Please advice
    any help would welcome.
    thanks

You might try resetting all network settings or reset all settings in "Settings" > Network.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would have to agree with the above post. Reset network settings is a cure-all sometimes. I have never had luck with internet2 and internet3. Never worked on any tmobile phone i've had.
    Everyday is a New Day...

hummm Ive got a 1.1.3 OTB fully unlock etc. on T-Mobile and I use internet2.voicestream.com... You might wanna call T-Mobile and have them reflash the signal to your phone... They actually have an iPhone department and they can help out as well..
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPhone_killa, great point about contacting Tmobile. I was hesitant to call them because it wasn't their product, but they were very helpful.

I have had a very difficult time getting the settings to work and finally had enough and called.

They suggested that if I need to call back to ask for "Tier 2 Technical Support," then explain the situation mostly saying "i have an iphone." Most of the time they can get you over to the techs familiar with the iPhone, BUT asking for someone in "WDS" could speed up the process.

This is what I found out to be the cause of the problem. Blackberry total internet is different than the "all other" internet. The person that helped me was able to catch that pretty quick by reviewing the settings on my account. He switched it to the "all other" internet and said it should take 2-72 hours to update to all the places it needs to. As I am typing this I was able to connect using EDGE, so they were wrong...5 minutes to update.

I get kind of verbose when I am excited so here is a summary for those 1.1.3 16 gig iphone's
    APN (blank)
    username (blank)
    password (blank)

speed is running at 178 kbps.

Gmail works, safari works, and you tube works.
    FYI just call tmobile, don't be scared they're happy to take your money instead of AT&T.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TJ-Shocker For This Useful Post:

bmp1064 (2008-03-14)

Yeah and they know your using an iphone, i called about something else and the rep said it shows here that your using an iphone (that was a real conversation killer) i didnt know what to do but uhhh lie.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tech no logy View Post
    Yeah and they know your using an iphone, i called about something else and the rep said it shows here that your using an iphone (that was a real conversation killer) i didnt know what to do but uhhh lie.
    Yeah tell me about it. I went in today to get help with setting up MMS. I took the iphone along just to get them excited, but MMS wouldn't even work on a phone I knew it should work on.

I get there and the girl is calling into security to report a stolen Demo phone. During the hour visit, most of which she's on the phone, I start talking to the other employee there. I asked him if he can look up where, when, and the sim card using the phone...why don't you just call them and say bring the phone back.

He said he's thought about it, but "Tmobile said not to do that anymore."

He said the criminals in my area aren't smart enough to sell the stolen ones on ebay.

Generally when a person has noticed I use the iPhone I say "Hell yeah it is and its running on Tmobile." I need all the help with the ladies I can get

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TJ-Shocker For This Useful Post:

bmp1064 (2008-03-14)

THanks TJ-Shocker..... man it worked just call tmobile people and it will work serious....fu*k the tzones hack BS...do the 19.99 and get it done!!!!