Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: t-mobile US carries services on 2.0.1 fixed!!

Thanks

Default t-mobile US carrier services on 2.0.1, 2.0.2 & 2.1 & 2.2.1 fixed!!
    finally got carrier services working on my 2.0.1.(also worked on 2.0.2)& "2.1"&2.2.1
    first install t-mobile carrier services from cydia
    using WinSCP(or equivalent) navigate to /System/library/Carrier Bundles

1.rename the first folder to 310260 (any folder from foreign provider you will NOT use will work 20205,20610,20801,20802 etc...etc...etc...)

2.copy the contents from the TmoCarServ.zip (6 files) provided below
    into the 310260 folder you just renamed in step 1."overwrite all files"

3.scroll down to the folder TMobile_us.bundle and copy the contents from the TmoCarServ.zip (6 files) again "overwrite all files"(on 2.0.2 this folder was not there so i just created it and all went perfect)

thats it,restart phone.DON'T FORGET TO BACK UP BEFORE ANY THING!!!!
    this link has the new TmoCarServ.zip withe tzones wap site.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm..._us.bundle.rar
    Last edited by westc0ast; 2009-05-27 at 06:38 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to westc0ast For This Useful Post:

Quote (2008-08-26)

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

wat does this fix?
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Thanks

carrier services..
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

I'm not sure what was broken that needed to be fixed, but there are some carrier settings that you can install through cydia for t-mobile that will fix any problems in less than a few seconds... Look under tweaks.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchel View Post
    I'm not sure what was broken that needed to be fixed, but there are some carrier settings that you can install through cydia for t-mobile that will fix any problems in less than a few seconds... Look under tweaks.

Last edited by Muggz5; 2008-08-24 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Does anyone know what this fixes? I could not find a description about the download......
    Last edited by sr852; 2008-08-24 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling

This fixes the issue of no t-mobile logo after the iphone connects to the t-mobile network. If you can change the carrier logo then no need for this install.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by upstateiphone View Post
    This fixes the issue of no t-mobile logo after the iphone connects to the t-mobile network. If you can change the carrier logo then no need for this install.

Actually this fixes the error you get in itunes wanting you to update your carrier settings. Obviously you cant update your carrier (TMobile) when all you are supposed to have is AT&T.

Thanks

I guess i was the only one on 2.0.1 with the carrier services page on my iphone not working.any way this is what it fixed on mine.this page on my phone was blank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -tmosettings.jpg  
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cydia has carrier logo's for tmo. I downloaded make it mine and I put all kinds of messages on it. When I first put my sim in it said Tmobile next to the signal bars.
    Last edited by theevilone; 2008-08-24 at 11:41 PM.

I downloaded the T-mobile US carrier tweak and now the T-mobile logo I downloaded from bossapps via cydia is gone. Does anyone know if I can get the "fancy" T-mobile logo back.? I still have the app downloaded from cydia but the carrier tweak seems to delete it from my phone screen and replace it with generic T-mobile text next to my signal bars. Anyone know if there is a work around????? Thank you

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Edit: wrong thread plz delete.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not sure if its me or not but i cant get carrier services to work, Ive tried everything, i never even got it to work on earlier firmwares........

1. Install the carrier bundle

Connect to your iPhone with SFTP: Cyberduck (free), Transmit (commercial), Fugu (free) on a Mac or WinSCP (free) on Windows. Goto to directory:

/Systems/Library/Carrier Bundles/

Copy your carrier bundle TMobile_us.bundle from your PC into the directory on the iPhone.

IMPORTANT: If you are on an Apple supported carrier with a regular (non-iPhone) contract, locate the symlink 310260 (looks like a folder) and rename it to old_310260.

Disconnect and quit the SFTP application.

2. Create the symlink.

Open Terminal (Mac) or Putty (Windows) and connect to iPhone with SSH, type:

ssh -l root 192.168.1.230

replacing 192.168.1.230 with your iPhones IP number, then type:

cd /System/Library/Carrier\ Bundles

and hit return. After switching to the right directory create the symlink. Type:

ln -s TMobile_us.bundle 310260

and hit return. Quit the SSH session.

3. Shut down the iPhone: Hold Sleep/Start button until you see the red slider. Pull it to shut down.

Start the iPhone: Press the Start/Sleep button.

Enjoy your iphone, now with a custom carrier bundle.

Best, volkspost.

File located here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ml#post1927791

Cant attach it again in this post, forum will not alow
    Last edited by Anijake; 2008-08-26 at 03:50 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Carrier services still doesnt show up............... i know im doin this right......... i still dont see it, I have network selection on Automatic and Location services is on, I cant really think of anything else that would make a difference but theres gotta me somthin im doin wrong............

I am still unclear as there have been different answers posted. What does the "custom carrier bundle" do and or fix? Is this the package that is offered via Cydia? Thanks

Thanks West Coast, I love the carrier services glad we got this working on 2.0.1

freyes01
    I've installed it on my phone (2.0.2) and didn't notice any difference besides that the option for configuring "Cellular Data Network" disappeared, so I remove it and got it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    Carrier services still doesnt show up............... i know im doin this right......... i still dont see it, I have network selection on Automatic and Location services is on, I cant really think of anything else that would make a difference but theres gotta me somthin im doin wrong............

Maybe your area has a different MMC?

Quote Originally Posted by sr852 View Post
    I am still unclear as there have been different answers posted. What does the "custom carrier bundle" do and or fix? Is this the package that is offered via Cydia? Thanks
    1- When syncing with iTunes you get a "Carrier Bundle" update, of course you can not do this since you are not on a official carrier. This will get rid of that.

2- Will add Carrier options under the Phone menu, like the pictures in previous posts.

3- Can add a custom carrier logo.
    Last edited by Anijake; 2008-08-27 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Anijake View Post
    Maybe your area has a different MMC?

1- When syncing with iTunes you get a "Carrier Bundle" update, of course you can not do this since you are not on a official carrier. This will get rid of that.

2- Will add Carrier options under the Phone menu, like the pictures in previous posts.

3- Can add a custom carrier logo.
    How do you add the custom carrier logo? I have one that I downloaded from Bossapps via Cydia but when I downloaded this app it removes it and I can't figure out how to get it back (unless I remove this app which I did).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast