Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: t-mobile US carries services on 2.0.1 fixed!!

Thanks

did you try what i said in post #1
    ps i did not have a "symlink" folder 310260 and creating symlink did not work,so that is why i said to rename a symlink folder to 310260 ,and all is well
    see post #1
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

Quote Originally Posted by sr852 View Post
    How do you add the custom carrier logo? I have one that I downloaded from Bossapps via Cydia but when I downloaded this app it removes it and I can't figure out how to get it back (unless I remove this app which I did).
    I installed the bundle manually. Follow the instructions in this post: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-m...ml#post1976161

The bundle that I uploaded has the nice T-Mobile logo

Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    I guess i was the only one on 2.0.1 with the carrier services page on my iphone not working.any way this is what it fixed on mine.this page on my phone was blank.
    I sent a PM to you but I figured out your instructions. I followed them but I don't see the "carrier Page" you have in your earlier post. Where would I find it and why might I not be seeing it?

Thanks
    Last edited by sr852; 2008-08-27 at 02:42 AM. Reason: spelling

settings -->> Phone
    should have a T-Mobile Services option on the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Anijake View Post
    settings -->> Phone
    should have a T-Mobile Services option on the bottom
    Thank you for answering my question BUT.... It's not there, what am I missing?

Either you did not install correct or your MMC (carrier code) is not 310260

You need to have the MCC/MNC of your carrier handy aswell as the textstring that is issued by your simcard/provider when not using a custom bundle.

You have to find out the MCC/MNC code of your simcard
    If you are still at Firmware up to 1.1.4: On the iPhone start the Phone app and switch to the keypad and type
    *3001#12345#*
    tap the green dial button. That opens the hidden Field Test Application on the iPhone. Tap "Cell Information", some lines will be displayed.
    On the end you will find something like
    N:3 #:262
    or
    N:10 #:234
    In the first case, the MCC/MNC is 26203 (if N only has one digit add a zero in front), in the second MCC/MNC is 23410.
    Write it down!

If you are already at firmware 2.0: Same procedure to start "Field Test", then tap "GSM Cell Enviroment", then "Cell Information", then "Service Cell". Take a note of "Mobile Country Code" (MCC) and "Mobile Network Code" (MNC). Same as above: If MNC has only one digit add a zero in front.
    Last edited by Anijake; 2008-08-27 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Either you did not install correct or your MMC (carrier code) is not 310260

You need to have the MCC/MNC of your carrier handy aswell as the textstring that is issued by your simcard/provider when not using a custom bundle.

You have to find out the MCC/MNC code of your simcard
    If you are still at Firmware up to 1.1.4: On the iPhone start the Phone app and switch to the keypad and type
    *3001#12345#*
    tap the green dial button. That opens the hidden Field Test Application on the iPhone. Tap "Cell Information", some lines will be displayed.
    On the end you will find something like
    N:3 #:262
    or
    N:10 #:234
    In the first case, the MCC/MNC is 26203 (if N only has one digit add a zero in front), in the second MCC/MNC is 23410.
    Write it down!

If you are already at firmware 2.0: Same procedure to start "Field Test", then tap "GSM Cell Enviroment", then "Cell Information", then "Service Cell". Take a note of "Mobile Country Code" (MCC) and "Mobile Network Code" (MNC). Same as above: If MNC has only one digit add a zero in front.
    I am running 2.0.0. Found "Mobile Country Code" (MCC) and "Mobile Network Code" (MNC). The first has 3 digits the second has 2 digits but there is no way to change it????? Either one are the numbers you have above
    Last edited by sr852; 2008-08-27 at 03:20 AM. Reason: add info

So if you have the right MMC code (you can not change this) then your install is not correct.

Edit:
    Well look at this, this is from the hackintosh thread where I got my bundle from.

It works with Firmware 2.0.1 & 2.0.2 and PwnageTool 2.0.3 on "old" iPhones 2G and iPhone 3G.
    The bundle I uploaded does not work with 2.0 maybe the other one at the top of this thread does not work with 2.0 either.
    Last edited by Anijake; 2008-08-27 at 03:30 AM.

So if you have the right MMC code (you can not change this) then your install is not correct.
    I am new to all of this and the instruction link you sent seemed complicated. I followed the instructions in the first post in this thread. Since I did not understand how to do anything you had listed in step two "Create the symlink" in the direction link you directed me to.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Whats even better is creating your own carrier logo or downloading a custom carrier logo from here at MMi... and then SSH'ing it into your phone. I will work on a video tutorial tonight. I want to try my new screen recording software.

Thanks

this also works on 2.1
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.

Followed ur instructions and worked perfectly on the first try. Thanks
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

It took me forever to get this to work as no other folder on my phone had a symlink in it. so what i did was just copied those files into the unknown.bundle folder as well. and voila as soon as i restarted all was there and itunes no longer bogs me with that message every single time i start it up.

Cheers

Thanks

Default update
    this is sweet.ive had this working for a wile but i didnt think you would care but here you go. I got this to go to the official tzones wap page from carrier services.just do as i said in post number one.but use this rar update.(cant update original post zip use this one)T-Mobile_US.bundle.rar

-tmo.png
    Last edited by westc0ast; 2009-05-27 at 06:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12