Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn 2.0.2 can't see t-mobile network.

Default QuickPwn 2.0.2 can't see t-mobile network.
    I just got my ex girlfriend's 1st gen iphone 8GB (2.0.2) and installed QuickPwnGUI120 and put iPhone1,1_2.0.2... and jailbreak the iphone but I can't use the t-mobile SIM card. I try iPhone1,1_2.0.1... but it happens the same thing. I'm I forgetting something? Is there an other process to use any sim or is the QuickPwn should let you use any carrier? Need help! Had the phone for one day now and don't have service.

Quickpwn is used to jailbreak your phone, it does not unlock the phone.

jailbreak = breaks from itunes, you can use the phone functions
    unlock = detects simcard and use to call

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes does not unlock it. Didn't you read all that on the release notes. You have to do the whole winpwn thing.

Thanks

your problem is easy to solve,
    go on to Cydia
    search for bootneuter, install it
    run it (flashes, unlocks the phone, then restarts)
    thats it!
    when your phone turns back on its gonna show you your T-mobile carrier logo and bars on the top left.

Let me know how this works out for you, I want to upgrade to 2.0.2 as well

Exclamation bootneuter
    I have a 1st gen 8g on 2.0.2 and jailbroken, with no sim in it everything works but the phone (ya no kidding) i put the sim in and it say's "DIFFERENT SIM DETECTED please connect to i tunes"
    i took the sim out and downloaded the bootneuter app ran the program and put my sim in now it still says "different sim detected" but now i have all bars and tmobile in the upper left hand corner. Anyway to get it to work?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

beach bum - try the new winpwn - that should take care of all your problems.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't think firmware 2.0.2 has been unlocked yet

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum81 View Post
    I have a 1st gen 8g on 2.0.2 and jailbroken, with no sim in it everything works but the phone (ya no kidding) i put the sim in and it say's "DIFFERENT SIM DETECTED please connect to i tunes"
    i took the sim out and downloaded the bootneuter app ran the program and put my sim in now it still says "different sim detected" but now i have all bars and tmobile in the upper left hand corner. Anyway to get it to work?
    This exact thing happened to me today as I was trying to sell my 2G. I put his SIM in, it said Different SIM Detected, Connect to iTunes. T-Mobile came up near Signal Bar, and he recieved calls and texts, but I could not get to the Home Screen for anything. Even tried restoring 2.0.2 and re-unlocking it...Nothing...

Made me look real bad as now it seems like I was trying to sell hima faulty phone. . .

Any solutions?

PS. I did this with the latest QuickPWN

my original message is based on the newest version of quickpwn. this is driving me crazy!!!

Okay I downloaded quickpwn, netframework 3.5, the two bootloader files (BL-39 and BL-46), and I downloaded the firmware file for your phone (2.0.2 for me). I jailbroke it and the app cydia was on there. Cydia has another app called bootneuter and it will unlock your phone for you. I also have it working with t-zones.

I've done all that and still no service... I can use the apps and wifi with no sim card but as soon as i put the sim in it locks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is the way i did my 2g for 2.0.2.. i got the 2.0.2 firmware i dfu my phone using itunes i upgraded my phone to 2.0.2 after that i used quickpwnrc3 to unlock the 2.0.2. then i use winpwn2.5 beta to custom make a 2.0.2 firmware, i save it onto my pc closed everything and use itunes to restore my phone with the new custom firmware and now it works now with tmobile and at 2.0.2. if winpwn crashes right after it completes the custom ispw its fine just close it and use itunes on dfu mode to upload the custom ispw. its sounds like a lot but i made it work..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hollowman you did a few too many steps. Instead since you were building/using custom ipsw's and winpwn 2.5, Just put phone in DFU and shift + restore to Factory 2.0.2
    Build the custom ipsw with WinPwn 2.5 (where it asks if you phone is off and plugged in, just put it in DFU like normal and click the thumbs up) and then shift + restore to custom 2.0.2
    No need to use quickpwn if youre gonna use a custom ipsw. Extra step and extra messy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol i know i did 1 to many steps but you know what at the end i made it work... all it counts .. something on my pc wasent letting me run winpwn the right way i use winpwn to do a ipod touch with no problem but when it came down to do my iphone sh*it thats when it started to crash alot. so yea it at the end.. good looks dou...

my phone also detects network and receive calls and message but cannot reply to messages or get to home screen with sim installed... any fixes for this yet?