Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-Mobile custom carrier bundle problem

  1. #1
    Default T-Mobile custom carrier bundle problem
    I installed the Big-Boss T-Mobile custom carrier bundle in cydia because I was getting the annoying message to download new settings every time I connected to iTunes.
    The problem went away but now my iPhone displays the carrier as "T -..." instead of "T-Mobile". The bundle seems to have added a space before and after the dash between the T and Mobile, and now it doesn't fit anymore.
    Also the description promised the better graphic version of the logo but that didn't work. I even tried to install that separately with cydia with no luck.
    Anybody has any ideas on how to fix this?

  2. #2
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by massimobio View Post
    I installed the Big-Boss T-Mobile custom carrier bundle in cydia because I was getting the annoying message to download new settings every time I connected to iTunes.
    The problem went away but now my iPhone displays the carrier as "T -..." instead of "T-Mobile". The bundle seems to have added a space before and after the dash between the T and Mobile, and now it doesn't fit anymore.
    Also the description promised the better graphic version of the logo but that didn't work. I even tried to install that separately with cydia with no luck.
    Anybody has any ideas on how to fix this?
    Download Make It Mine, I beleive it's ben ported to Cydia and working on 2.0.. With that program you can put whatever you want there

  3. #3
    This is the bundle that I made for my phone for T-Mobile US, instructions to manually install enclosed. Has the custom TM logo that is in the Germany TM bundle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    im having the same problem but never installed anything i just got this phone brand new and i put in the turbo sim +t-miobile sim card.

  5. #5
    Anijake thanks, i did what you said and everything worked perfectly. I've been trying to figure out how to get a custom logo working on my 2.1 iPhone. Thanks for you help, really easy to do.

  6. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    805
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 107 Times in 79 Posts

    this did not work on 2.1 for some reason?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Anijake View Post
    This is the bundle that I made for my phone for T-Mobile US, instructions to manually install enclosed. Has the custom TM logo that is in the Germany TM bundle.
    Your instructions don't make sense. In your readme, you state, "Copy your carrier bundle TMobile_us_custom.bundle from your PC into the directory on the iPhone." There is no such file/folder in your ZIP file. Where is this to be found. Also, you don't say what to do with the individual files in the ZIP file.

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by crobook View Post
    Your instructions don't make sense. In your readme, you state, "Copy your carrier bundle TMobile_us_custom.bundle from your PC into the directory on the iPhone." There is no such file/folder in your ZIP file. Where is this to be found. Also, you don't say what to do with the individual files in the ZIP file.
    You have uncovered this thread from the dead. Its from August2008...these bundles are in Cydia - search for "Legacy" and you'll see them there.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    You have uncovered this thread from the dead. Its from August2008...these bundles are in Cydia - search for "Legacy" and you'll see them there.
    No.

    What he needs to do is read the carrier bundle thread and see what settings work for him and find the appropriate bundle in Cydia.

    "Legacy" is just that, legacy.

    It's a bundle for an older APN which T-Mobile doesn't really provision to new users. The new internet2 APN is epc.tmobile.com.

  10. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    No.

    What he needs to do is read the carrier bundle thread and see what settings work for him and find the appropriate bundle in Cydia.

    "Legacy" is just that, legacy.

    It's a bundle for an older APN which T-Mobile doesn't really provision to new users. The new internet2 APN is epc.tmobile.com.
    Yes it does. Legacy is the same bundle that SpookyET made in Cydia. internet2 still well works for most T-mobile users - new and old.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Yes it does. Legacy is the same bundle that SpookyET made in Cydia. internet2 still well works for most T-mobile users - new and old.
    Legacy is only one bundle. There should be a total of eight (8) bundles.

    Once again, it is called legacy for a reason.

    The go-to bundle is the first one in the thread: Postpaid/Flexpaid (sans "Lecgacy").

    EDIT: http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...mobile.com_APN
    Last edited by Lecram25; 2010-01-20 at 06:04 AM.

  12. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Legacy is only one bundle. There should be a total of eight (8) bundles.

    Once again, it is called legacy for a reason.

    The go-to bundle is the first one in the thread: Postpaid/Flexpaid (sans "Lecgacy").

    EDIT: http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...mobile.com_APN
    1. Your very reliable WIKI page has absolutely no sources. Which means a 12 year old can go there and write whatever he wants.

    2. If you have web2go (like MOST iPhone users who don't want to pay for a retarder, expensive smarthpone plan which only yields the same edge speed) and try using epc.tmobile.com, you will get the "Data Service Required" error whenever you try to access data. Hence, internet2.voicestream.com is STILL the most reliable APN for web2go users. And once again, making legacy (internet2) still active.
    Last edited by adp; 2010-01-20 at 04:09 PM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    1. Your very reliable WIKI page has absolutely no sources. Which means a 12 year old can go there and write whatever he wants.
    You clearly have no idea about Howard forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    2. If you have web2go (like MOST iPhone users who don't want to pay for a retarder, expensive smarthpone plan which only yields the same edge speed) and try using epc.tmobile.com, you will get the "Data Service Required" error whenever you try to access data. Hence, internet2.voicestream.com is STILL the most reliable APN for web2go users. And once again, making legacy (internet2) still active.
    No. internet2.voicestream.com is the APN for full (smartphone) internet. It was used for the old Total Internet Add-On plan which used to cost $19.99 (unlimited data and Wi-Fi hotspots). There were only two internet plans back then: Total Internet and T-Zones ($5.99). However, T-Zones used to be cheaper and was offered many (limited) times at discount prices. This was before they even offered EDGE!

    After the release of the iPhone and the discovery of the proxy hack, T-Mobile realized they had to retire T-Zones (I'm sure there were other reasons). T-Zones used to use wap.voicestream.com as its APN which had port restrictions; in layman's terms: no YouTube, no instant messengers, limited streaming if that, and a very slow gateway.

    Then with the release of the G1, epc.tmobile.com became the new de facto APN and internet2 started to retire. Hence Spooky's label of Legacy. Epc could even be used with T-Zones with no port restrictions, which eventually led to the proxy hack's retirement. T-Zones users finally had full web access for $5.99 (or less) at a faster speed (there are claims that epc uses compression to speed up loading).

    All new internet plans are meant to use the epc.tmobile.com APN. T-Mobile even uses this APN for MMS too (instead of wap.voicestream.com)! Anyone grandfathered on the old Total Internet package is advised to use the (once again) Legacy bundle -> grandfather(ed), legacy. Get the connection?

    You keep telling people to use internet2 yet you have no idea about their plan history. That is why it is always good to link them to the carrier bundle thread and let them work from there.

    Just because an APN works for you doesn't mean it'll work for everyone. Not every T-Mobile network across the country works the same. I have web2go and internet2.voicestream.com does not work for me -> "You are not subscribed to a cellular data service." Yet the old wap and new epc APNs work just fine.

    The spreading of disinformation is not the best way to help anyone.

  14. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    So I'm guessing the Technical Support reps from T-mobile must be spreading this misinformation you are talking about as well, guided by the very strong Wikipedia sources you are citing. They told me, and this is a fact, that the internet2 APN is for web2go. They told me the internet3 is for full smartphone plans. Everyone that has asked what the APN for web2go has thanked me because it worked, and these are not locals. So when you research something try to stay off wikipedia.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    So I'm guessing the Technical Support reps from T-mobile must be spreading this misinformation you are talking about as well, guided by the very strong Wikipedia sources you are citing. They told me, and this is a fact, that the internet2 APN is for web2go. They told me the internet3 is for full smartphone plans. Everyone that has asked what the APN for web2go has thanked me because it worked, and these are not locals. So when you research something try to stay off wikipedia.
    Man you just don't know. So much disinformation.

    First of all, that isn't Wikipedia. That's Howardforums' wiki page (do some research on Howardforums).

    Secondly, you seem to hear what you want to hear. Or maybe you're on your own plane of existence.

    internet3.voicestream.com is for VPN only!

    The facts are there. If you can't get or understand them, then maybe you should move along.

  16. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Man you just don't know. So much disinformation.

    First of all, that isn't Wikipedia. That's Howardforums' wiki page (do some research on Howardforums).

    Secondly, you seem to hear what you want to hear. Or maybe you're on your own plane of existence.

    internet3.voicestream.com is for VPN only!

    The facts are there. If you can't get or understand them, then maybe you should move along.
    They're Wiki forums - which means anyone can add any information and make it seem legit. When there's no facts whatsoever. How about you make a poll and ask how many web2go users (many of which I have helped) use internet2.voicestream.com throughout the country (do you want that statement in pretty bold letters too?). And also ask them to switch to epc.tmbobile.com and see if it works.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    They're Wiki forums - which means anyone can add any information and make it seem legit. When there's no facts whatsoever. How about you make a poll and ask how many web2go users (many of which I have helped) use internet2.voicestream.com throughout the country (do you want that statement in pretty bold letters too?). And also ask them to switch to epc.tmbobile.com and see if it works.
    I'm not playing the my e-penis is bigger than yours game.

    The facts are there and yours are not. In fact, your posted info is not even correct.

    I am not going to entertain this "discussion" (more like wall-talking) anymore. I am not Jesus Christ; I cannot make the blind see.

  18. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    LOL you're the one that starts - for the 50th time you don't have any facts. It's a FORUM built website which seems legit but has NO SOURCES. Whenever you go to college you'll learn about this.

    I have primary sources from the T-mobile Tier3 support - and can guarantee internet2.voicestream.com is well active and that epc.tmobile.com worked perfectly for T-zones users, but is useless for web2go users (which are a considerable percentage of users).

    And don't use His name in vain.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  19. #19
    I guess I have to walk you through everything.

    LOL you're the one that starts - for the 50th time you don't have any facts. It's a FORUM built website which seems legit but has NO SOURCES.
    And where do you think they got their information from? Again, do some research on Howardforums. But let's not forget the site has been around for 9+ years now, consistently providing the community with accurate and factual information.

    Yes the wiki can be edited, but like any individual looking for information, checking the wiki's history should prove valuable (take the hint).

    Whenever you go to college you'll learn about this.
    Been there, done that, got the diploma.

    I have primary sources from the T-mobile Tier3 support - and can guarantee internet2.voicestream.com is well active and that epc.tmobile.com worked perfectly for T-zones users, but is useless for web2go users (which are a considerable percentage of users).
    And everyone should trust you? A user who joined one year ago with ~500 posts. Yet you have no substantiated evidence and still cannot provide any cold hard facts other than casual phone calls with T-Mobile tier 3 support. And yes, I've spoken with "tier 3 support" before, lol. Quite the joke.

    Again, I've posted information that coincides with plenty of information that can be found across the internet from credible sources/websites (even at ModMyI!). All you have are your conversations with T-Mobile "tier 3 support."

    What I am getting at is you need to stop assuming you know everything about everyone's accounts. I don't know everything about everyone's accounts, nor would I front that I do. By doing so, you are narrow-mindedly pointing users in the wrong direction, when in all actuality, you should be pointing them to the carrier bundle thread where they have options to review their settings and decide for themselves what will work [for them]. If they have issues, they can post in that thread using the "Asking for Help Format;" someone will reply.

    And christ, you had the nerve to post that internet3.voicestream.com was the full internet APN when it is a very well-known fact that it's the VPN APN. And you still haven't retracted that [outlandish] statement!

    What T-Mobile tier 3 support have you been talking to?!

    Look, if you don't know, you don't know. It's okay. Nobody knows everything. It just isn't very wise to assume or make things up because you want people to think highly of you. That is called insecurity.

    And with that, I believe I have spent more than enough time on this issue. I am done talking to the proverbial brick wall. Hopefully you can learn from this and move on, instead of continuing down this inevitably counter-productive path.

    And don't use His name in vain.
    Oh for christ's sake.

  20. #20
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    I thought you had already said you were done? I find it funny how you say you've been there and trust wiki sources (I don't care what page they're from). Why are you all of a sudden questioning how long I've been here? You think I thanked myself 85 times, or I tricked 85 people with wrong information and they're all burning in the T-mobile flames right now?

    So what you're saying is that we should all switch to epc.tmobile.com because the wiki page said so. Even though if I tell everyone who asks me "what APN should I use for web2go" I'll give them an APN which forces them to upgrade to the smartphone plan? Really? Am I really helping people out that way? No, because they're gonna come back saying it doesn't work. So I will keep giving out the internet2 APN until it stops working (if it ever does). I'll give them the information that works. I could care less what some page says about epc.tmobile.com being "the sole source." And even if the epc.tmobile.com APN being that way was true, that doesn't mean we have to do it the way T-mobile wants. Because some people like me (and the many others who use web2go) refuse to pay $30/month for 3G-less data, while other T-mobile phones get it. If we were all doing it the way "they" want us to do it, we'd be using AT&T. And that's all I have to say.

    So if you want to give out that APN - go right ahead. I'm sure it works for those who have the true smarphone data service. Whenever web2go doesn't work for us, we'll take it from there. But for now I think we're all happy with the $10/month we're paying.

    So going back to the topic - the internet2 carrier bundle STILL works for all web2go users who use that apn. Smartphone data plan users/sidekick/T-zones do not apply to this. OK?
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •