Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLEASE HELP w/ NO EMAIL!!!!!!!

Question Please help no email!!!!!!!
    UPDATE: I found the answer in an earlier post. Could someone please explain why I had to go into bossprefs and click “fix user dir permissions”. What happened that I had to do this? I am trying to learn as I go along. Thank you

I have an iPhone first gen 4gb running 2.0.1. (unlocked/jailbroken via winpwn) I have had the phone for 3 weeks and never had a problem with my mail. I did turn off the push as I thought that would help to save battery life.

I just went to load an app and when I pluged my iphone in and it started the sync process A box appeared (for the first time) in iTunes that says "iTunes could not sync mail accounts because the iPhone canceled the sync".

When I tap the mail button it goes to a blank screen and then returns to the main iphone menu screen. Could someone please help me with this issue???? THANK YOU
    Last edited by sr852; 2008-08-20 at 09:00 PM. Reason: UPDATE

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

First make sure youve gone into cydia and downloaded open ssh. This doesnt do anything for the mail, but open ssl comes along with it which is what you need. Also download/install BossPrefs and go into the program. click on the "more" tab on the top right and click "fix user dir permissions" This should fix this.... Check your edge settings and make sure you are on the applicable APN to your service plan.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

sr852 (2008-08-20)