Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is the New 16GB iPhone Jail Breakable

Default Is the New 16GB iPhone Jail Breakable
    I want to know should I now go ahead and buy the New 16GB iPhone. I am a current T-Mobile customer and I want to know if I brought the iPhone is the New 16GB iPhone jail breakable. If it is jail breakable then what features & functionality will I not be able to have by doing so. I heard that you will not be able to get the Visual Voicemail, is that all?

I don't think the OTB 16GB phones are unlockable yet. As they will come with 1.1.3 firmware OTB and the new baseband.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but thats how I understand the situation at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by markieparkie View Post
    I don't think the OTB 16GB phones are unlockable yet. As they will come with 1.1.3 firmware OTB and the new baseband.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but thats how I understand the situation at the moment.
    i think someone posted a hack to downgrade the 1.1.3 OTB Firmware. can someone who has 16gb iphone try this please(if anyone does)?

jailbreak and unlock are different.

Default What is the difference between jailbreak and unlock
    Can someone tell me the difference between jailbreak and unlock!

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreak: its bypassing activation and installing Installer.app in your iphone so you can download apps and stuff from the sources.

Unlock: an unlocked iphone is able to be used with any other carriers, not just AT&T....its either done by hardware (turbosim,nextsim,****sim) or by software (anysim, IPSF )

7. The Following User Says Thank You to luistohe123 For This Useful Post:

janek3088 (2008-02-08)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy View Post
    I want to know should I now go ahead and buy the New 16GB iPhone. I am a current T-Mobile customer and I want to know if I brought the iPhone is the New 16GB iPhone jail breakable. If it is jail breakable then what features & functionality will I not be able to have by doing so. I heard that you will not be able to get the Visual Voicemail, is that all?
    here and yes the new iphone is now jailbreak-able.
    http://www.intomobile.com/2008/02/07...t-already.html

Yes the tutorials on downgrading to 1.1.1 work on the 16GB, just did mine earlier today

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisgunn05 View Post
    Yes the tutorials on downgrading to 1.1.1 work on the 16GB, just did mine earlier today
    that great news! im glad its working out for you. i think im gonna trade my psp value pack with lots of accessories for a 16GB iPhone. if you think thats a bad deal then your wrong because i calculated the price of all = $514 - $10 (for being used) = $504. $4 more than a 16GB iPhone. lol

EDIT:
    Nevermind. I am going to buy an iPhone. Does any1 know a place where i can get a $200 8GB iPhone?
    Last edited by bifnewman; 2008-02-12 at 11:51 PM.

Well these posts are kinda old right now you dont need to downgrade it just use ziphones program to unlock, activate, and jailbreak it. Its very simple so buy and enjoy. all 16gb

Yes that true I just Unlocked 16b with Ziphone worked great like he said have fun