Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom carrier logo on 2.0.1?

Default Custom carrier logo on 2.0.1?
    How do I get a custom graphic logo on my phone? I have tried several different ways, but to no success. I can use the MakeItMine program and that works perfectly, but when I try to do it manually, I fail.

Easy way: Just install the tmobile custom carrier logo from Cydia (bigboss)

Hard way: Make a custom carrier bundle with custom logos, add the correct symlink and your all set. This will also remove the "update carrier settings" message from itunes
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Anijake; 2008-08-19 at 04:15 PM. Reason: added US Tmobile Carrier Bundle (MMC 310260)

So I tried the custom carrier bundle, but that didn't work. Where does the easy was ( tmobile custom carrier logo from Cydia ) store the images?

Never mind, I figured it out. When you install the tmobile custom carrier logo. It installs in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Unknown.bundle. You then have to overwrite the Default_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png and FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png to what ever graphical logo you want. Thanks for the help
    Last edited by slughappy1; 2008-08-19 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slughappy1 For This Useful Post:

Emi8321 (2008-09-14), roboticaustin (2008-11-10)

i hope this will help, u need to total commander it, and locate the us tmobile bundle, copy the two png files, put it somewhere u can find it later. then go to unknown carrier bundle, the locate the two file, it should say default TMOBILE.png no US or anything like that at the end just the all caps TOMBILE, ok, so the two files i told u put it somewhere where u can find it later, rename those to the one actally how it type in the unknow folder files, so when u add it into unknown folder it'll replace it. so replace both files, then there reboot phone, then is done, what happen is the iphone actually is using the unknown carrier tmobile.png, not the us folder one, all u are doing is to replacing the files on unknown folder, i don't know why it using unknown folder one. but i done it on two iphone and it works, and it does not matter which firmware u have. it is all the same. i hope this help u guys

I tried that and nothing happen. Can you go step by step. I have the iphone 3g, 2.1 firmware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keepit4real View Post
    I tried that and nothing happen. Can you go step by step. I have the iphone 3g, 2.1 firmware.
    TRY THIS
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ