Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about T-Zones (not how to hack)

Default Question about T-Zones (not how to hack)
    I have an unlocked iPhone 2G, and I want to add T-Zones. I understand that T-Mobile generally doesn't care if you have an iPhone, but I'm a bit paranoid.

I'm trying to add T-Zones from my web interface, but it won't let me add that service until I tell them what kind of phone I have. I know another option is to call 611 and try to get them to add the service, but I'm sure the CSR will either ask what kind of phone I have (or they can already tell from the IMEI or something). What is the best course of action right now?

Would they care that I'm an iPhone user who's likely to try to get the cheap dataplan via the hack?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cannottouchthis View Post
    I have an unlocked iPhone 2G, and I want to add T-Zones. I understand that T-Mobile generally doesn't care if you have an iPhone, but I'm a bit paranoid.

I'm trying to add T-Zones from my web interface, but it won't let me add that service until I tell them what kind of phone I have. I know another option is to call 611 and try to get them to add the service, but I'm sure the CSR will either ask what kind of phone I have (or they can already tell from the IMEI or something). What is the best course of action right now?

Would they care that I'm an iPhone user who's likely to try to get the cheap dataplan via the hack?

Actually they really dont care if you have an iphone or not.(obviously theyd prefer you buy one from them, but all they want is the service plan) They actually have a special department for general questions and troubleshooting phones they dont provide. I wouldnt call them for advice on the iphone or have them really troubleshoot it, but they can assist you with something basic as internet service plans etc. They will however probably tell you "from our experience the iphone only works with the 19.99 internet plan. which in an attempt to upsell you, isnt entirely true. But from my experience having friends and reading forums, you can be very limited in some applications if you dont have the 19.99, and the worst being how slow it is. They may also tell you once you purchase the plan to enter in the APN www.internet2...... blah blah. That never has seemed to work but run a search on here to find the correct settings that tailor to your situation. Good Luck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Log into your account on-line, choose any random flip phone as your phone, then go to change plan or services, then to add services and select the $5.99 Tzones... and that's it. Just give it an hour to about 24 hours for it to be working.

That's how I did it. I said my phone was the Motorola Razr, on the website. I then went in and added the $5.99 Tzones addition. Then I installed the Tzones hack through Cydia, restarted my phone. When I woke up in the morning, everything works spectacularly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don,t know about you guys but t-zone in my 1st Gen iPhone is super super turtle slooooww, thinking of upgrading back to $19.99 plan.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevin36 View Post
    I don,t know about you guys but t-zone in my 1st Gen iPhone is super super turtle slooooww, thinking of upgrading back to $19.99 plan.
    It is pretty slow for me also...what is the upside to upgrading to full? I have been thinking about upgrading but I am not trying to add 20 bucks to my account.....