Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Better Reception on 2.0.1?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Better Reception on 2.0.1?
    I lose my signal constantly on the original 2.0 and when I lose the signal it goes to my phone line being busy(weird)...
    I was wondering if I upgrade to 2.0.1 will I have better reception or has anybody had any better reception since upgrading to 2.0.1?

From my experience the new 2.0 and 2.1 is still buggy. I ran into the same problem and had to restore but I choose not to back up and start from almost scratch. I still was able to sync my contacts but nothing else. No bugginess

Thanks

My question still stands...did u get better reception?

???

bump

unfortunately, based on the 'help' i received from here, i think i'm forced to go back 2 1.1.4 firmware...this 2.0 bs aint worth missing an important call
    Last edited by TheYoungHustla; 2008-08-18 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    my reception if fine......i don't have any problems

Thanks

Better? No. The same? Yes.

If you want a free, objective way to check the reception in your area BEFORE you lock yourself with a specific carrier, you should really check out “Got Reception?” (Got Reception?).

In my experience it was about the same. Specifically outdoors it was OK, indoors terrible. 2.0.1 didn't seem to make it much better. I also have an ATT 3G Iphone (on ATT) and indoor reception is MUCH better.

Thanks

im on 2.0.1 and it seems to be working fine reception wise. log into t-mobiles website and theres a section that allows you to check signal strength in certain areas (i.e. by zip code). i have a shitty reception at work but great at home so it depends i guess. good luck.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Reception is even better on 2.0.2 I have usually 4 bars anywhere and at least 2 bars in elevators. This is an improvement from 2.0.1 and a massive improvement from 2.0
    EDGE is running faster. My peak that I saw on 2.0 was about 180 kbps and on 2.0.1 was about 196 Kbps. Now a couple times Ive crossed the 210 mark. (19.99) internet plan.

Ive also noticed a big change in wifi with the new 2.0.2