Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: has anybody gotten tethered Iphone to the web with $5.99 tzones internet hack?

Default has anybody gotten tethered Iphone to the web with $5.99 tzones internet hack?
    can anybody make it work using 5.99 tzones internet hack?

I even tried the USB tether with the socks tunneling...but I cant get it to work...
    I tried this guide..
    alk blog: SSH to tether your iphone over USB cable to get your PC online

if you can make it work... PLEASE POST HOW YOU DID IT!!!

as a guess...I think the problem is with the fact that the tzones hack relies on port 8080...and everything is built around the ATT port which is 1080....

I dont care if it takes 20 steps to make it work...I just need it to work.

Thanks

Wow. So desperate so save a few bucks. Hard times, eh
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Wow. So desperate so save a few bucks. Hard times, eh

ok...thats a lame reply......

seriously..anybody have any ideas?? anybody made it work?

Just made it using a 1st generation iPhone running firmware 2.x with EDGE connection after hours of investigation!

Use 3proxy installed from Cydia (Tinyproxy is no longer available.). Follow the standard iPhone wireless tethering method except:

1. Create /usr/local/etc/3proxy.cfg containing the content in the attachment on the iPhone. (Windows users may use the iPhoneBrowser to upload the file in the new folders created.)
    2. In the MobileTerminal, run '3proxy' instead of 'socks'; 'SOCKS host is running.' will be displayed to confirm that the config file is in use.
    3. It seems there is no need to open Safari after that.

This is made possible by the 3proxy supporting a proxy chain specified in the config file at the default location. Its 3rd line contains the IP and port specified in the /var/preferences/proxy.pac which may change in future.

There is an outdated solution at HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Tethering iPhone with $5.99 T-Mobile Web – Works! and configuration detail at Soft:3proxy:HowTo and in its 3proxy.cfg.sample file. If it is useful, please tell us here or write online elsewhere with reference to this solution here. Happy surfing!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by borisyim; 2008-09-22 at 12:17 AM.

i just downloaded the tzones hack from cydia on firmware 2.1 and works for me

Yes I have..use iPhoneModem - fast and easy sharing of iPhone's Internet connection its really the easiest way to tether and I have done it a few times.

I would be careful about overdoing it, they could potentially charge you if you go crazy.

From this post using iPhoneModem from zsrelay (the free one) in Cydia:

AFter some research i found out a VERY easy method of sharring iphone's internet with you notebook. Im not into MAC so i just tested this method in Microsoft Windows Vista. You will be able to use every single application: yahoo messenger , any other time of messenger , internet explorer etc. any application will have internet if you fallow this guide.
    In this below method we will use a software that capture all network traffic from your microsoft running PC and forward the traffic to iphone's socks5 server.

You need to create an ad-hoc network connection betwen your iphone and your microsoft PC. After having the ad-hoc connection run Iphonemodem software on your iphone . On your microsoft PC install the Software called profixier (go to Proxifier - Bypass firewall and proxy, tunnel connections through an HTTPS and SOCKS proxy). You can use this software for 31 days . After the trial period you ll need to buy it for 39.99$ i guess unless you find a run around method to get it free(lol) After you install the software you need to go to OPTIONS>PROXY SETTINGS> use your iphone's IP and make sure you set the port to 1080. DONE!!!

You are good to go ...

P.S. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SET ANYTHING TO ANY PROGRAM . SIMPLY YOU NEED TO RUN PROXIFIER AND THIS SOFTWARE CAPTURES NETWORK TRAFFIC AND FORWARDS IT TO IPHONE'S SOCK5 SERVER USING THE AD-HOC CONNECTION THAT YOU CREATED!

ENJOY
    Worked great for me using T-Zones without the hack and with the new APN.

using new apn works great

I did...downloaded the tzones hack from cydia on firmware 2.1 and restarted it then changed the apn to wap.voicestream.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chowie29 For This Useful Post:

_tom_ (2011-09-12)

I use iPhone Modem to tether to a MBP and internet works fine (on $5.99 Tzones) and the speed is not bad too. You might want to be near an outlet though cause all that data can do a number on your battery.
     15" Macbook Pro T8300 | 4GB RAM | 200GB
     24" iMac T7700 | 3GB RAM | 320GB
     iPhone 8GB | 2.2 | T-Mobile