Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2.0 T mobile trouble and Ya I'm new Sorry

Default iphone 2.0 T mobile trouble and Ya I'm new Sorry
    I got a iphone 2.0 unlocked already, put in my t mobile sim, the phone and text work fine but Internet only works on wifi. I called TMO they told me to update my settings by going to: Settings > General > Network > edge / cellular data and what to write in the ATN line: internet2.voicestream.com
    But once I get to Network there is no option for edge/cellular or ATN? Can anybody help me or set me in the right direction please. Any help would be appreciated greatly guys. Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Derek68 View Post
    I got a iphone 2.0 unlocked already, put in my t mobile sim, the phone and text work fine but Internet only works on wifi. I called TMO they told me to update my settings by going to: Settings > General > Network > edge / cellular data and what to write in the ATN line: internet2.voicestream.com
    But once I get to Network there is no option for edge/cellular or ATN? Can anybody help me or set me in the right direction please. Any help would be appreciated greatly guys. Thanks
    Just to make sure I still had that option as usual, I went to my settings>general>network and NO CELLULAR DATA tab. This is very bizarre considering I just entered my settings last night, because I restored my phone completely. I have no idea why not. I wonder if you cant change the Cellular Data Network settings on 2.0.1 once you have entered in the information.
    my EDGE is working fine, Ive tried turning it off via bossprefs and rebooted. still works after turning back on but no settings option.

edit: I just checked my wife's phone, she has the same pwned 2.0.1 as me, and yet Im able to get to the cellular data network option on her's. Im lost.
    Update: I reset all network settings. now i cant even get EDGE to turn off. My phone is now getting hot. Im repwning my phone.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 2008-08-16 at 06:48 AM.

try wap.voicestream.com

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Just to make sure I still had that option as usual, I went to my settings>general>network and NO CELLULAR DATA tab. This is very bizarre considering I just entered my settings last night, because I restored my phone completely. I have no idea why not. I wonder if you cant change the Cellular Data Network settings on 2.0.1 once you have entered in the information.
    my EDGE is working fine, Ive tried turning it off via bossprefs and rebooted. still works after turning back on but no settings option.

edit: I just checked my wife's phone, she has the same pwned 2.0.1 as me, and yet Im able to get to the cellular data network option on her's. Im lost.
    Update: I reset all network settings. now i cant even get EDGE to turn off. My phone is now getting hot. Im repwning my phone.

Wait, I thought the "E" for Edge was always supposed to be on. Mine is on my blackberry and when I put my SIM in my iphone. Is it supposed to be off?

Default It's Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek68 View Post
    We removed the T-Mobile hack I installed from Cydia and re-booted the phone and the cellular data settings came back. I entered: internet2.voicestream.com and Edge is working perfectly. Hope you enjoy the phone Derek. Any more issues let me know.

Houls

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Houls For This Useful Post:

Derek68 (2008-08-21)