View Poll Results: Will you sign up for the $20 T-Mo's unl. calling Wifi plan if an app. is developed?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, that's sick and it will save me lots of money

44 89.80%
  • No... I dont have wifi at home, so I don't see the use

5 10.20%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlimited Calling in T-Mo wifi plan + POLL

Question Unlimited Calling in T-Mo wifi plan + POLL
    Does anyone know anyone working on an application that could activate the UMA of the iphone so to use to the T-Mo unlimited calling on Wifi Plan.

That would be sick. let's try to all request and hopefully someone nice with computer science knowledge will draft a tiny yet very useful app to make this work.

I tried to request an app on the 3rd app folder but it was flushed out as fast as the US got eliminated from the last World Cup.

Isn't everyone interested?

I do not believe this is possible.

T-Mobile [email protected] works with a special chip in special phones, such as that new Blackberry. I'm pretty sure its not software based switching, but rather hardware.

i was told it's a software issue but you might be right, my source is no computer science major lol...

I am not sure either, thats just what I read in PC World magazine. Not always accurate, but either way, I still don't think it'll be possible. Heck, there still is no VOIP software that uses the microphone and earpiece yet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I thought that there was a Skype client for the iphone that works good? Anyone got experience with that?

Yes, but it uses incoming minutes, like web-initatied calling.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

UMA is a capability unlocked by specific hardware. Not just any Wi-Fi phone can support UMA. Furthermore, not just any UMA phone will work with T-Mobile [email protected], the phone must be recognized as a T-Mo phone in order for the backend server to allow connection.
    T-Mobile Tech Support

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'd love to see this, but I doubt the iPhone can do this.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2009-02-04 at 12:11 AM. Reason: How did I manage to reply to such an old post? ohh, it's a sticky
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Yeah, that was quite an old post. What I said was true at the time. Obviously as you pointed out it's not true anymore. But still no TMobile @Home calling, and there will never be.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

This is sad...and I didn't realize the iphone didn't do this. Probably the only thing my curve has over my iphone. And with t-mobile's suspect coverage sometimes, it's nice to have the uma as a backup. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.