Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verify For Me

Default Verify For Me
    so first off i would like to say thanks to everyone who has helped me get this phone working for me. just wanted to clarify some things i guess. i already figured out on my own that youtube is pretty much worthless without wifi..........i am running the 2.0 with the tzones hack. i am wondering if i chose a different internet package would it make my internet faster? i have pandora and the myspace app and not working for me at all. even when i go to a page in safari it is extremely slow. obviously unless im at home with a wifi connection. just wondering if its even worth paying the 5.99 if i cant use it. mainly got this phone for the youtube and pandora haha. and i cant even use it at work.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Internet usually stays the same with Tzones or Total Internet

Edge speeds are pretty much the same across all the tmobile data plans. However the "percieved" speed across the plans will vary.

This is because tzones is run through a proxy first and then to the server you are trying to connect to as opposed to the "direct" connection you would recieve will the total Internet plan for example.

So in other words all the plans will download a mb at the same speed, it will just take tzones longer to START the download. This also explains why only certian apps function properly with total and not tzones as some of the ports are closed by the proxy.