Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Am I missing something?

Default Am I missing something?
    Ok I am trying to sell my original iPhone but the person I am selling it to is on t-mobile so I downloaded Pwnagetool 2.0.2. and my phone is running 2.0.1. So I jailbroke and unlocked it and everything seemed to go fine. He came to check it out and put his sim card in worked fine. No edge symbol so I tried putting in the wap.voicestream.com with guest password still got no edge symbol but could use safari although super super slow.

So he used it for a couple hours and it was taking around 10-30 mins for him to receive txt messages and for others to receive them as well. So I have no idea whats going on. I tried doing wap.voicestream.com and internet2.voicestream.com both with and without the guest username and password. He says he has the unlimited data package on his current phone which is a blackberry. Any advice? I am really at my wits end here. Thanks so much.

you dont need the wap.voicestream.com if he has the unlimited, only for the tzones which is what i ave and have had no problems wit it....

So what APN do I need to put in? I typed in the internet2.voicestream.com and it wont work at all. I get the no data service error. Thanks for your help.

I have the Unlimited Blackberry plan on my iphone and I can not get internet2.voicestream.com to work. The only thing that works for me is wap.voicestream.com with no username or password. If anyone has any suggestions on what else to try that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by cwesch View Post
    I have the Unlimited Blackberry plan on my iphone and I can not get internet2.voicestream.com to work. The only thing that works for me is wap.voicestream.com with no username or password. If anyone has any suggestions on what else to try that would be great.

Same here.. Same settings.. everything works fine. Try powering off and powering back up.. thats how i got my "Data Service Error" to go away adn the EDGE icon is there..

ok I restored and repwned the phone so hopefully that fixed whatever it is. I am going to give it a shot again tommorow. I was powering off everytime I changed the settings but I am really hoping that something went wrong when it was pwned. Would the edge symbol not showing up also explain the slow txt messages?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I used to have a blackberry pearl and had to have the unlimited
    I have the 19.99 internet plan I have always used:
    wap.voicestream.com
    User Name: guest
    Password: guest

This is the only way ive been able to get EDGE to work properly and quickest.
    I went to iphonespeedtest.com through my phone Im averaging just shy of 190 K/bps.
    Also since you are jailbreaking and unlocking the phone for him make sure youve installed BossPrefs and go to the "more" tab top right corner of the app. click "fix user dir permissions"
    Once youve done these things Reboot the phone!!
    Last edited by Muggz5; 2008-08-14 at 01:37 AM.