Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Data Roaming & 3G iPhone ???

Default Data Roaming & 3G iPhone ???
    I currently have a 3G iPhone working on the tmobile network without any major issues. The only thing that I notice is I will not get any edge service or symbol unless I turn on "data roaming". If I leave this on do I get charged roaming charges?? I currently have it off until I know for sure.

Hi Malike25. I just received an unlocked 3G iPhone I bought from Australia. I've got my T Mobile SIM in it and the voice part of it works great. I'd like to get the data working so I can begin using the Exchange Mail and web functions on my Edge plan. Can you tell me exactly what you did to your unlocked 3G phone to make this happen? I've seen some conflicting information on this topic on these forums becasue there are not a lot of the factory unlocked 3G phones out there. Since you ACTUALLY have one, I'd like to hear how you did it and ith what specific software and/or hack you did it with. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

I have the same question. anybody, please help...much appreicated...thank you