Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackberry data

Default Blackberry data
    I used to have a blackberry and am wondering if it's data service will work with my new iPhone, or will I need to change to the regular Internet plan?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I had the blackberry plan and didn't notice any speed difference. I am on the 5.99 plan right now with no problems. Youtube and iTunes won't work while on edge though.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pncntigger For This Useful Post:

fbords (2008-08-06)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Same here on 5.99

Weird. I took my sim out of my blackberry and put it into my iphone. I get cell service, but get errors saying I don't have data. So I need to manually set something on my iPhone?or should I just switch plans?

Quote Originally Posted by pncntigger View Post
    I had the blackberry plan and didn't notice any speed difference. I am on the 5.99 plan right now with no problems. Youtube and iTunes won't work while on edge though.
    I can deal with just using itunes and YouTube over wifi, but will the app store work on the $5.99 plan or is it like iTunes and it won't connect?
    Last edited by fbords; 2008-08-06 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

AppStore works no problem

i guess what im missing then is why wouldnt anyone switch to the tzones service? It sounds exactly the same minus youtube and itunes, which isn't a big deal to me.

Thanks

And its cheaper lol

have you had any "damn i wish i could do that" moments with your 5.99 plan? It seems way too good to be true

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fbords View Post
    have you had any "damn i wish i could do that" moments with your 5.99 plan? It seems way too good to be true
    Not really. I don't know about you but I am not going to sit around and browse the web for too long on my iPhone. It's cool to check MMI and whatever else for a bit on edge or wifi, but if I really want to, I would just get on my laptop.

Really can't beat the $5.99 deal
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

I just switched from the blackberry plan this afternoon and so far it's not bad. I had a little bit of an outage for about an hour but that's all. It tested anywhere between 85k and 198k.