Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NO SERVICE - out of the blue!!!!!!!!!!

Default NO SERVICE - out of the blue!!!!!!!!!!
    For last few weeks i had my 1st gen iphone with ver. 2.0 up and running with no problems at all. Everything worked - until today. In the morning i just saw "NO SERVICE" on display!!! I did NOTHING to it, since yesterday when it was ok. Last few hours i tried everything; bootneuter, restoring to fresh ver. 2.0, tried baseband 3. and 4., ipwned again and again and still the same - NO SERVICE. I already thought that i have damaged sim card somehow, but not! Works perfectly on my other T-Mobile phone! Any ideas what went wrong?? And of course - I DID NOT upgrade to 2.0.1 or whatever new ver is called.

dude same thing happened to me but im on version 1.1.4. my phone was unlocked for sometime now and then i left the state, im from california and went to reno, nevada. for some odd reason during the stay in reno i got no service. came home still no service. im using a t-mobile sim card if that matters. my friend's AT&T sim does not work also tho. i have tried unlocking and jailbreaking with iliberty+ and ziphone and nothing works i can jailbreak and unlock but no service. i pretty much have an ipod touch. this is also the 1st gen iphone. any help is appreciated im stuck using a razr now

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Mines on 2.0 right now , Havent had any issues yet but if i do ill be sure to post it up

I even have downgraded to 1.1.4 now and still NO SERVICE!!!!!!!!!! Anyone get an idea what can i do? I dont really need an ipod, you know.....

Thanks

When i upgraded to 2.0 i had worse service, So i upldated to BL to 4.6 and i get like 1 more bar everywhere im at

We are trying to find a solution to NO SERVICE issue, not to how many bars one has. Other words...........iphone does NOT "see" any carriers at all! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! somebody.................

Thanks

Try restoring to 2.0 and see if you get service, Before you WinPwn see if its the PWN or the phone

ok i think i know the problem. u need to downgrade your baseband. to do this, you will need the patched version of ziphone, it is called "kiphone". download that and connect your iphone. check"downgrade" and "debug" and click start. it will take a few minutes. then restore 1.1.4 again. see if that works, then proceed to upgrade to 2.0. let me know if this works

Nope!! Ask me what i tried.........and the answer would be....everything. Downgraded to 1.1.4, did ziphone, did kiphone, downgraded baseband, flash 3.9, changed to 4.6, flash, erased baseband, restored to 1.1.4, also to 2.o0, back and forth, installed t-mobile sim, installed ATT sim, did everything what is known to me, in every possible direction, many times. NO LUCK! Pretty much i have iPod touch now, everything works OK, except phone. It just did not see any carriers. In "settings" windows, third line should be "carrier", right? First one is "airplane mode", second "Wi-Fi", and the third one is "carrier". Well, sometimes i don't even have that line there!! Damn, it is a piece of rubbish now, i think........

I trust that you are running itunes 7.7 and have done a DFU restore back to 2.0 and then the winpwn jailbreak?

Default Just to add to this...
    I'm experiencing the same problem. In addition to the "NO SERVICE", mine will also jump back into service, or go into "INVALID SIM" mode. Once that happens, I'll have to turn the phone off, and then back on again to get a tmobile signal. I'm currently on 2.0 via pwnage.

That`s correct, but did not work. So i got back to itunes 7.5 (restarted comp and deleted that library file, i know, i know...) restored to 1.1.4 and still nothing, same NO SERVICE.

Other words.............it looks like "something" just took away my modem from the inside of my iphone. Maybe is simply permanently damaged???
    Last edited by fuzio1963; 2008-08-07 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Call Apple......... Last Resort, If they want you to send it it in just Update in itunes to 2.0 It will wipe everything and never look like it was modified

I GOT MY IPHONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You wouldn't believe it, listen, long story short....... since NOTHING worked to resolve that NO SERVICE in my phone, i left it alone for a couple of days. I even called Apple but they asked me to go to Apple store, but as u know i am with T-Mobile. So i decided today that if i have to keep my iphone as an ipod (which i dint want), either i am going to break that thing completely or maybe miracle would happen. I TOOK THIS IPHONE ENTIRELY APART!!!! The only thing i did not touch was display assembly. I even took out the logic board . Then i put everything together and voilą!! Miracles DO happen!! It is working now!!!!! How do i know? i put in my old friend`s ATT sim card. Now, i just have to find out how to unlock it so i can use T-Mobile again. I just have updated that thing to ver 2.0.1. Yeah!!!

Goddamn! I hate all these threads people making ranting about their service lost.

YOU ALREADY KNOW 2.0 IS NOT SO MUCH STABLE YET. STICK TO 1.1.4 AND UPGRADE A BIT LATER ONCE IT BECOMES STABLE AND MAJOR BUGS FREE.

There is nothing wrong with 1.1.4.

If you want to deal with service loss or such then feel free to upgrade then cry.

Did u read everything i wrote?? Guess not!! I had 1.1.4 with NO SERVICE. So, if u are not going to help others, or u just do NOT know how, stop posting your stupid opinions, will ya?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey another way I've helped people resolve this problem is by relocking your phone legitly (just upgrade to 2.0.1 through iTunes) then pwn it again. Hope that helps

Thanks

Thats usually what i do when i screw somthing up, That usually works the best