Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will t-mobile signal strength get better???????????

Default Will t-mobile signal strength get better???????????
    So since you guys are much more informed and knowledgeable on these issues then I (just got my phone last friday 1st gen 4gb & came with v2.0 (then unlocked and jail broken using winpwn 2.0.0.3 )) Do you think the reception issue will "get better"? I am afraid to undo anything since I am so new to all of this. Everthing else works well except my reception is weak or goes out when I am indoors. Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Well I hope so....

is the AT&T signal strength superb? What about Verizon?

my friend gets great service with his iPhone 1st generation that I hacked for him to put on T-Mobile

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I Get Great signal, I heard with 2.0.1 you get even better signal

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

my 1 gen on 1.1.4 gets 5 bars at most places ...

Remwe11 which Fw is your friend using?

Thanks

So I threw 4.6 on my phone and got a lil better signal dunno if it's real but maybe.......

on my last gen and my 3g unlock using turbo sim i always get 5 bars all over nyc

More detail: My service is great outside but goes between one/two bars and no service indoors.... Is this just the phone not getting good reception in general or is it something else????

I'm running 2.0 and get great reception

idk but my gf t-mobile signal is always stronger than my at&t signal no matter what part of Oahu we're on... maybe it's the cuz she has a 1st gen and i have a 3G
    it's so bad i edited my system string for no service to say "WTF No Signal"

Thanks

lol nice, howd you edit that?

Thanks

Ok, so I originally hacked my phone (winpwn 2.0.0.3) to 2.0, and then the reception was terrible. So I tried to use bootneuter to ugprade my bootloader from 3.9 to 4.6. My autolock came on, turned off bootloader(dont know why), and it erased my band. LOL, needless to say, at the time I was crushed because it wouldnt restore to any firmware versions regardless of what i did. So i went primative and downgraded itunes to 7.5, and reinstalled firmware 1.1.4. Then success! So when i reupdated to 2.0 and repwned my phone. I had bootneuter automatically update my bootloader to 4.6 and then delete its self, and now my reception is awsome... Sorry for the book i just wrote, but it seemed relevent. Hope this helps.

Bottom line: for T-mobile users, update your bootloader to 4.6!!! You will get better signal! (also, if your doing it with bootneuter, make sure to turn off your autolock!)
    Last edited by Grassmasta; 2008-08-10 at 10:38 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Grassmasta For This Useful Post:

sr852 (2008-08-11)

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Signal strength will only increase if they put more towers up. I'm pretty sure the bootloader has nothing to do with it. I've recently noticed improvement with AT&T in my area. I was actually in an Apple store looking at the 3G last night and I held my phone right next to the 3G. I had 4 bars of service while the 3G only had 2. So much for better signal strength because of the plastic housing.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

16. The Following User Says Thank You to m3thodandr3d For This Useful Post:

sr852 (2008-08-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    Ok, so I originally hacked my phone (winpwn 2.0.0.3) to 2.0, and then the reception was terrible. So I tried to use bootneuter to ugprade my bootloader from 3.9 to 4.6. My autolock came on, turned off bootloader(dont know why), and it erased my band. LOL, needless to say, at the time I was crushed because it wouldnt restore to any firmware versions regardless of what i did. So i went primative and downgraded itunes to 7.5, and reinstalled firmware 1.1.4. Then success! So when i reupdated to 2.0 and repwned my phone. I had bootneuter automatically update my bootloader to 4.6 and then delete its self, and now my reception is awsome... Sorry for the book i just wrote, but it seemed relevent. Hope this helps.

Bottom line: for T-mobile users, update your bootloader to 4.6!!! You will get better signal! (also, if your doing it with bootneuter, make sure to turn off your autolock!)
    I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. I am a bit confused because when I used winpwn I installed 3.9 and 4.6 (I thought you had to) anyway, checked my settings and it seems 4.6 is what is highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    Signal strength will only increase if they put more towers up. I'm pretty sure the bootloader has nothing to do with it. I've recently noticed improvement with AT&T in my area. I was actually in an Apple store looking at the 3G last night and I held my phone right next to the 3G. I had 4 bars of service while the 3G only had 2. So much for better signal strength because of the plastic housing.
    I am on T-mobile and it can't be a reception issue. All of my other phones, even the last one which was an iPhone clone, provided me with full signal or near full signal strength in the places I am losing a signal and or have low signal strength.
    Last edited by sr852; 2008-08-11 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I really dont think that bootloader has anything to do with signal.

but I will say that one thing that I share alot when talking with iphone owners is the Signal is crap with this phone.

in the sense that its "Touchy" at times.

I fnd that after being on the phone for a long time while talking. that It will just crap out.. but thats random

Thanks

I havent had that happen YET, But i do notice that signal is worse than some of the other phones ive had, I used to have the T-mobile wing and that thing smoked the iphone for signal