Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Selling 2G to friend on Tmo, what prep steps?

Default Selling 2G to friend on Tmo, what prep steps?
    Was wondering if one of the veterans here could assist me in prepping my 2G for sale to a friend on TMobile.

I have searched through this forum for ideas, but the only thing I couldn't find any information on was how to set up the iTunes partnership so that he can download stuff from the appstore.

This is what I was going to do for him:

1. Pwn 2.0
    2. Unlock
    3. Flash Baseband to 3.9 (is this neccessary?)
    4. Get Cydia up to date and put some NES Roms on it for him
    5. Set up the Tzones Hack / Network settings

Now, what I can't wrap my head around is, do I just give it to him and once he places his sim in there its all golden to sync with iTunes and setup his partnership with his iTunes account for downloading apps/music?

He's happy with his current phone, but would really love to have access to a better Twitter client, like Twinkle. He wants to buy my 2G for this reason alone, so if he can't get the Appstore to work I'm gonna be out the 200 bux I will have probably already spent after he pays me

Any help is appreciated, and Thanks in advance!

Once he inserts his sim hes good to go ... when you take out your sim and put his in he is using his plan, his minutes, etc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lmaballa For This Useful Post:

x999x (2008-08-03)

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still interested to know if he'll be able to set up a profile with iTunes?