Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: who has tmobile and has a 3g iphone??

Unhappy who has tmobile and has a 3g iphone??
    So who has bought a 3g iphone and is using it on tmobile?? I want to know the process for getting a 3g at the att store vs the apple store. I've been trying to hatch up a plan to get the 3g without paying the $175 fee to deactivate the att plan; but no such luck. Are we tmobile users just supposed to pay the full $500 for the phone, or is there some way to get this thing cheaper??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The 3G iPhone doesn't work for T-Mobile as of right now since you can't unlock it yet. The only way I can think of is if someone you know has their contract up for renewal and is willing to purchase the iPhone for you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No one on TMobile has a 3G iPhone. AT&T and Apple are not yet selling the 3G iPhone out of contract. And as the person above mentioned, the 3G iPhone can not yet be unlocked. And the early termination for the 3G iPhone on AT&T is probably going to cost more than $175...

Um you can buy a 3g iphone without contract. Look on ebay. there are tons.

i do,my iphone 3g is on the tmobile network right now

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    i do,my iphone 3g is on the tmobile network right now
    um thank you....why do people post 100% incorrect information. Bad for someone looking for answers.

because they are dumb that's all

It's possible to use tmobile with the 3g using turbosim or yessim....

yeah it's possible but i'm pretty sure it's kinda costly if you ask me.

there are people that have a 3g and unlocked but t-mobile don't have 3g internet but soon they will AT&T can't be the only one with it for too long

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by profesionaljosue View Post
    there are people that have a 3g and unlocked but t-mobile don't have 3g internet but soon they will AT&T can't be the only one with it for too long

wrong. the iphone 3g wont work even when tmobile gets 3g up and running. different frequency's. do some research.

i don't trust any of the sim solutions. straight from the iphone dev teams site is a good explination and a direct "do not use sim solutions" quote. but whatever
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

12. The Following User Says Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post:

dposet (2008-08-05)

I think the question was if the 3g iphone will work on tmo. Which it will work, but only work on edge. You will never be able to use 3g even when tmo has more 3g coverage.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SeedlessOne For This Useful Post:

dposet (2008-08-05)

So let me see here; the new 3g cannot be unlocked to be used on tmobile's network right now correct?? so they are only able to jailbreak it and activate it?? okay, i can wait. next question, I don't care about the 3g working/not working, (if i had att, i still wouldn't have 3g in my area anyway) this is a non-issue.

I want to know the process of purchasing the new iphone from att/apple. I want to know how much it is going to cost me/what hassles i have to deal with in canceling my contract should i go that route. i tried getting a buddy w/ att to buy one for me, but that didn't seem to pan out well.

someone actually suggested i get this on ebay?? how much more am i going to shell out just to maybe do that? $700, $800? surely its cheaper going the att route, but i could be wrong (its been known to happen)!

any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The easiest thing to do that i can think of is get a ATT contract get the phone for 200 bucks and cancel your contract for 200 bucks, then you got a phone for 400 bucks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

okay here's what I did:

My friend was eligible for upgrade so he got himself an iPhone 3G 8GB (199). Activated it!

Later that day he went again to get another Iphone 3G 8GB. This time the system said he was ineligible and paid 399. Activated it!

I took the first iPhone he bought, used a $45 TurboSIM and I m using it on T-Mobile USA.

Summary:
    My friend bought two iPhones the same day from "Apple" store (not AT&T)

I took the first one and paid him 399.

Since he bought both on the same day - his contract got reset twice but eventually for the same day.

So yes, it IS possible to own an iPhone 3G on T-Mobile and not pay 599 to AT&T for an unlocked piece.

Cheers!

Thanks

Theres ways around everything

Hold the phone here....................U can go to ATT store and get 3g iphone, unlocked without contract for 599?? or i just missed something here?

Thanks

Not that i know of I thought u had to Activate IN STORE, but i could be wrong they might have changed it but i doubt it..........

the iphone is suppose to be offered for 599 and 699 without signing a contract.

Thanks

Oh Wow, Sweet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast