Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Zones + Netshare?

Default T-Zones + Netshare?
    I just noticed that on app store that they put Netshare back on. Anyone with T-zones tried it out to see if it worked... or is there a Cydia app that does the same thing. My rationale for the Netshare app and its 10 dollar purchase price is that it might not conflict or change the tzones proxy settings where another jailbroken app might... any ideas... does it work??

There's no need to pay $10 for it. There's means to get it done for free. The bad news is that I haven't heard anyone being able to get it done. I am on t-mobile, tried two different methods and web browser cannot pull any pages. Seems like connection is made but I cannot pull any websites.

Here are the errors I get in a shell when I try to open website:

===
    mbp:~ f1$ ssh -ND 9999 [email protected]
    [email protected]’s password:
    channel 3: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed
    channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Operation timed out
    channel 2: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed
    ===

More links for you:

cre.ations.net - Blog entry: How to tether your iPhone 3G and browse the web using your 3G connection
    cre.ations.net - Blog entry: Tether your iPhone: EDGE internet on your laptop
    Tether iPhone 3G | iPhone 3G Blog
    tether iphone - Google Search

And finally engadged reported that they tried NetShare but couldn't get it to work either.

There's no need to pay $10 for it. There's means to get it done for free. The bad news is that I haven't heard anyone being able to get it done. I am on t-mobile, tried two different methods and web browser cannot pull any pages. Seems like connection is made but I cannot pull any websites.

Here are the errors I get in a shell when I try to open website:

===
    mbp:~ f1$ ssh -ND 9999 [email protected]
    [email protected]ís password:
    channel 2: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed
    ===

More links for you:

cre.ations.net - Blog entry: How to tether your iPhone 3G and browse the web using your 3G connection
    cre.ations.net - Blog entry: Tether your iPhone: EDGE internet on your laptop
    Tether iPhone 3G | iPhone 3G Blog
    tether iphone - Google Search

And finally engadged reported that they tried NetShare but couldn't get it to work either.
    Last edited by f1vlad; 2008-08-01 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost