Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes Frozen / SIM not approved

Exclamation iTunes Frozen / SIM not approved
    Well. My daddy thought it would be great to get me an iPhone for my birthday, so i have the orginal iPhone, well I don't know what apps he put on it, But He did have some on it. I have looked through the aps So I know I don't have jailbreaker, I highly don't remember that name.

But my Father said I should go Sync it with iTunes, well I was bored , had the times so I did just that. Now I'msitting here with a Screen stuck on the USB cable with an arrow to the iTunes logo, I have hard restarted, restarted , and restored. BUT I have T-Mobile..
    So i get the whole " Your sim card is not accepted.."
    I would quite like my phone, So please help.

I did UNPLUG it from the computer And such and Ive hard reset and restored it too..

looks like your phone isnt unlocked....you need to unlock it. there is info on that in the guides section

The problem is IT was unlocked.
    Then it did a restore and it's Whipped.
    I can not get off the Screen with the USB cord pointing to the iTunes logo
    Its a Loop around, I restore it I get that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Keshomi View Post
    The problem is IT was unlocked.
    Then it did a restore and it's Whipped.
    I can not get off the Screen with the USB cord pointing to the iTunes logo
    Its a Loop around, I restore it I get that again.
    If you are on 2.0 and stuck.
    Put your phone into DFU mode by:
    1. Connect to your computer, hold the power and home buttons down for 10 seconds
    2. As soon as the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down). (If you see the apple logo or connect to itunes logo you are not in DFU mode so try it again)
    3. After about 20 seconds or less, Itunes should see your iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    Now iTunes should ask you to restore its firmware.

Restore back to 2.0 and then use winpwn on windows or pwnage on mac and jailbreak, unlock and activate.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    If you are on 2.0 and stuck.
    Put your phone into DFU mode by:
    1. Connect to your computer, hold the power and home buttons down for 10 seconds
    2. As soon as the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down). (If you see the apple logo or connect to itunes logo you are not in DFU mode so try it again)
    3. After about 20 seconds or less, Itunes should see your iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    Now iTunes should ask you to restore its firmware.

Restore back to 2.0 and then use winpwn on windows or pwnage on mac and jailbreak, unlock and activate.
    See that's the thing I do that but I don't get asked about firmware, and I don't have any firmware for my iPhone...

So just restore your OS and you should be fine. Might as well update to 2.0, there are guides on how to do this.