Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2.0 w/ tmobile EDGE wont work

Thanks

Default iphone 2.0 w/ tmobile EDGE wont work
    i know this topic has been discussed in previous threads, but i need to find a way to get EDGE to work without messing with the file structure. i downloaded the tzones hack from cydia, although idk if i need to do anything after it installs. my wi-fi works great, but is EDGE just the internet or does it affect making calls/texting? i can call and text, so i assume EDGE is just internet. anyone got any ideas?

If your trying to use the t-zones hack make sure you are signed up for the 5.99 t-zone. Then after you install the tzones hack go to settings>general>network>Cellular data network> APN and type this in wap.voicestream.com thats it.

If your using there real internet plan (the $20 plan) you don't need the hack and shouldn't install it. Just go to settings>general>network>Cellular data network> APN and type this in internet2.voicestream.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jimbeam4581 For This Useful Post:

O00Coolzero00O (2009-10-10)

Thanks

Default odd
    well i got the 5.99 tzones, so when i went to the APN and wap.voicestream.com was already typed in. got anything else?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to papaboombox For This Useful Post:

mike350z (2008-08-21)

um I was under the impression with 1.4 and higher all you had to do is download the hack through, installer/cydia? Im running 2.0 and thats all I had to do.

im having the same issue....the big difference is that i dont have an "APN" option under settng, network.
    when i go through my settings menu i can then click, general, network and all i have to select is "data roaming, VPN, and wi-fi"

i downloaded the hack and it worked in my home after i turned the wifi on my phone off but once i left i couldnt get email, app store, or safari to work.

what can i try next? i had no trouble getting edge to work on 1.0.2, 1.1.1, or 1.1.4

Thanks

Im having the same problem as you are courtstarr24, has anyone found out any more information about this?

You people need to install "APN Editing" version 1.0 by Linux_insidev2 in Cydia.

After installing, "Cellular Data Network" will appear in the "Network" menu.