Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G and TZone

Default iPhone 3G and TZone
    hey guys!

so I have an iPhone 3G that I am using with T-Mobile. I unlocked it using the YESSIM adapter.

I installed BigBoss TZones hack via Cydia and it's not working!

I don't see the edge icon and when i open safari I get a no internet connection alert.

I am hoping there is some here using the same method of unlocking and found a solution, so anyone guys ?

dam bro that worked?can u make a video and show me?

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    dam bro that worked?can u make a video and show me?

it works great! but no edge

here is a video :

Crazy man i want to do it now but kinda scared,what are the steps and do i have to cut my sim card?

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    Crazy man i want to do it now but kinda scared,what are the steps and do i have to cut my sim card?
    yes you have to punch a hole on your sim card, I am sure the guys at dev-team will find a way to unlock the phone but I can't wait :-D so i am using this method for now

Does it work on T-Mobile 3G????

That's my problem. I can't use the data feature ( edge/3G )

plus does T-Mobile offer 3G ????

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m7med View Post
    That's my problem. I can't use the data feature ( edge/3G )

plus does T-Mobile offer 3G ????
    tmobile offers 3g in nyc as of right now but it is not compatible with the iphone 3g. it works off of a different frequency so you can only use edge and wifi on the 3g iphone.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Woot i got mines unlocked with turbo sim!but same here no edge as of now lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was playing around with my friends and we got it to work by going into the settings, turning off 3G (I can't remember where exactly you do this but I think it's under general) and then typing in the APN internet2.voicestream.com Granted we have the Tmobile Total Internet but hey it's worth the extra couple bucks if it works

I unlocked the same way using yessim but my edge does not work either I dont even get and edge icon in the top left

and for some reason my signal sometimes sais Dddd instead of T-Mobile
    Who uses signatures these days???

Quote Originally Posted by KMorg View Post
    I was playing around with my friends and we got it to work by going into the settings, turning off 3G (I can't remember where exactly you do this but I think it's under general) and then typing in the APN internet2.voicestream.com Granted we have the Tmobile Total Internet but hey it's worth the extra couple bucks if it works
    I tried that, it didn't work!

it work in NYC and Taxes and some area. But I heard it end October will 3G coming out for all t mobile

3G iphone unblocked it but it can not used at T-zone? How to changed or do it until I can use my tmobile T-zone? email me pls sshheenn22 at yahoo dot com
    Last edited by sshheenn22; 2008-09-29 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The biggest problem with these unlocking SIM cards is getting the Edge settings to work. As the firmwares are updated the firmwares on the SIM cards themselves must be updated as well for compatibility. If you are not getting the "E" at all then that means the phone is not getting a data connection from the towers and no amount of settings tweaks will change that from what I've read. I suggest going back to the Yes SIM (or whatever) web site to see if it's 2.1 (or whatever firmware you're on) compatible with edge. Some manufactures such as Universal SIM put out downloadable firmware updates that you can load onto the sim with the correct hardware. Good luck.

Default Tzone
    Thats mean we also need go Setting -->General --> Network--> Data Roaming (need to turn on) So I can get the signal "E" ? If I do turn off it doesn't worked at all?

Thank you