Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Total Internet Plan - EDGE 80kbps?!

Default Total Internet Plan - EDGE 80kbps?!
    Hey everyone,

I just recently got a 1st gen and installed 2.0 and unlocked and jailbroken using WinPwn. Everything works great, except I'm not sure about EDGE.

I have the $19.99 total internet plan, I see the EDGE icon at the top.

In Settings > Network > Cellular Data Network I have internet2.voicestream.com
    However, I do not see any settings for EDGE. I SSHed onto the iPhone and checked the plist file and the allow edge settings seems to already be set to true.

Everything works, except I am getting speeds of about 80kbps. Any ideas??

Your speed is probably correct. Speed is really dependent on the quality of the connection signal. EDGE speed really varies. I use the T Zones account with the hack to allow it. I used the full plan and when I changed to T Zones I found no difference is speed in my area. In an area with a good strong signal, EDGE can be acceptable for browsing. Otherwise, its painful.

Yup, i was surprised when i saw speed on my iphone. It was 77kbps!! I also have total internet with t-mobile, then i have put wap.voicestream.com as my apn, insted of internet2..............com, and strange thing happned.........i got 266kbps in same location!! Weird, really.......