Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tzones not working because of sim card?

Default Tzones not working because of sim card?
    After modifying preferences.plist, installing and uninstalling tzones hack many many times on 1.1.4 and 2.0, I think I finally found out why my Tzones isn't working. I signed up for Tzones a little more than a week ago for those that are curious. My brother signed up for Tzones a while ago for his iPhone and his works with the hack on 1.1.4 and 2.0. Today, I tried switching sim card with him. So I had my sim card on his phone and his sim card on my phone. Guess what? Tzones worked on my phone with his sim card and didn't work on his phone with my sim card. Is it really because I have a bad sim card or a different one? We signed up for a family plan. It's definitely not my phone. Could it be because Tmobile is catching on to those using this trick and blocked mine because I've been hearing about it in certain threads?
    Any type of response regarding to this issue would be much appreciated.

From this post
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...il-alerts.html

it would appear that is exactly the case. Call up T-Mobile and ask them for a new SIM to resolve the issue.

The only thing that puzzles me is if you and your brother are on a family plan then you most likely got the SIM's together. If not then this explains everything.

We did get a family plan and got the SIMs together. It's under his account, so would that be the cause of it?

It is absolutely possible. When I switched phone numbers, T-Zones died. T-Mo kept saying it was due to an outage in the area. In NYC. For a week.

A store changed my sim card... BAM. T-Zones.