Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can anyone use push-email with unlocked 2.0 with T-Mobile?

Exclamation can anyone use push-email with unlocked 2.0 with T-Mobile?
    I have a 2g 8g iPhone, and was really looking forward to the new software update mainly b/c the push-mail feature. I have T-Zones on my phone from the bigboss hack from Cydia, and it works fine with web browsing and fetching emails, BUT just no push email at all Even when I am on wifi instead of edge, no mail is immediately pushed to my phone. I've tried it with yahoo, mobileme, and mail2web, and nothing worked. Does anyone have a solution? is it because of T-Mo, or is my phone defected?

Thanks in advance

I have the same device as yours, and upgraded to 2.0 from 1.1.4 (pwned - not ziphoned). But am in other country - so not on T-Mo, I used push Exchange email with no problem whether in EDGE or Wifi. So i guess that's kinda narrow down the suspect....

This is really weird, push email from mobileme seems to work fine now with TMO, i tried it on both wifi and edge

I have tried 3 different Exchange Servers on different networks (aka physical locations) and cannot get mail on my 2.0 1st gen phone....

No errors, but no mail ever shows up on my phone. I can see the message(s) in OWA and Outlook, but not on my phone.

Is mobileME the only way to use PUSH currently?

I found that MobileMe's remote sync for address book and calendar (which is the main reason I wanted it) didn't work with the T-Zones hack. Some apps don't work with the T-Zones hack; I found you had to first open a brower window to start the "tunneling" process (or whatever the hack is doing) and THEN those programs would work (sort of).

I switched over to the full Total Internet Add-on (which is 19.99) and PRESTO, everything works. The initial sync took a bit but now i'm getting full push of email, address book, and calendar events.

It's a whole fifteen bucks more than the T-Zone hack, so hey, give that a go. Worked for me. Now all the apps work much, much better and everything seems to just work without first having to fire up a browser window to wake the phone up. Yahoo!

everything works for me with mobileme except for PUSH EMAIL. I get my contacts and calendar synced automatically and pretty much instantly. I use TZONE. has anyone gotten PUSH EMAIL work with TZONE????

I am on 2.0 and running the Tzones and have had no issues with Push email from our exchange server. I also have a Moto Q(work issued) and email arrives within seconds of one another, sometimes Moto is first, sometimes Iphone first. I did notice when I am at home it is slightly slower, but email does get delivered. I did use the Cydia Tzone fix and nothing else.

Yes, so I have heard that have had luck with exchange servers. but, it is either mobileme or something with my phone that PUSH email is not working...

iPhone? More like MyPhone owensdus's Avatar
    Thanks

Just tested and I was able to get it within a few seconds, wifi was instant and edge was about 3 to 4 secs.... I am using total internet with tmobile. what are your edge setting?????

Ya I have been having the same problem. I tried ymail, mail2web, mobile me and it only worked once or twice. But now it doesn't work at all. It's so frustrating. I have my contacts and calendar synced with google and I am using neusynx (or something like that) and my calendar and address book is pushes fine and free. I thought ymail would work but no go. Surprisingly, it worked once when I turned off wifi and had it go through edge, then it started working. But just as quick as it worked, it died. Hopefully a patch will co e out when installer comes out to fix this.