Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AIM and Voice Mail Alerts?

Default AIM and Voice Mail Alerts?
    So I have iPhone 1st Gen working on 2.0 with T-Mobile Total Internet Plan. The only 2 things that I can't seem to get working properly are the Voice mail notifications and AIM.

AIM simply doesn't connect and only works over the wifi.

The voice mail notification ALWAYS comes up if I restart or disable and enable the radio. I have to go into my voice mail and then end call for it to go away.

Anyone know anything about these 2 issues?

Thanks
    yea the aim only works over wifi for me to ! , maybe if we wait for an update , for a fix in cydia
    i saw , i bought, i unlocked!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eger View Post
    The voice mail notification ALWAYS comes up if I restart or disable and enable the radio. I have to go into my voice mail and then end call for it to go away.
    i had that exact same problem. what you need to do is to call up t-mobile and tell them to send you a new version of a sim card.

your sim card is probably just old, and for some odd reason, old sim cards causes the voicemail notifications to be jacked up.

im not sure of the price, but they usually dont charge for sim cards. they didnt charge me for a new sim card, but ive heard that others had to pay, so im not sure. also, when you do receive your new sim card, just take it to tmobile and tell them to do a "sim transfer" thing.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waaaiii For This Useful Post:

alantoo (2008-07-25), eger (2008-07-26)

ol does tmobile care if u bring in an unlocked iphone when ur getting ur sim transfered

Quote Originally Posted by mozzyman View Post
    ol does tmobile care if u bring in an unlocked iphone when ur getting ur sim transfered
    Why should they? That being said your best bet is to call 611. The support personal are pleasant to work with and can help you out fast. Most T-Mobile locations are just sales satellites that call a dedicated number to handle the same thing.

Just call, it'll be easier. (But not because tmobile care's if you have an unlocked phone)

Quote Originally Posted by eger View Post
    So I have iPhone 1st Gen working on 2.0 with T-Mobile Total Internet Plan. The only 2 things that I can't seem to get working properly are the Voice mail notifications and AIM.

AIM simply doesn't connect and only works over the wifi.

Anyone know anything about these 2 issues?
    i have both problems too!!

well from reading posts it seems simply trading in for a new sim will solve problem two and my sim is def old... about 6 years. and aim only works on wifi... wah wah thats a bummer.

i remember reading about mobile chat working over edge if you activate vpn on your internet or something... i never did it cause i ended up getting agile, but does anyone think the vpn service will allow aim to connect. is this an issue with at&t users as well... aim on wifi only...

Quote Originally Posted by waaaiii View Post
    i had that exact same problem. what you need to do is to call up t-mobile and tell them to send you a new version of a sim card.

your sim card is probably just old, and for some odd reason, old sim cards causes the voicemail notifications to be jacked up.

im not sure of the price, but they usually dont charge for sim cards. they didnt charge me for a new sim card, but ive heard that others had to pay, so im not sure. also, when you do receive your new sim card, just take it to tmobile and tell them to do a "sim transfer" thing.
    Thanks for the explanation. I wouldn't have thought it would be caused by the SIM. But mine is VERY old. I will go into the store and ask them to give me a new one.

Anyone know about the AIM issue? My guess is that T-mobile is just block the AIM service and there would need to be some sort of proxy or VPN up for it to work. I see there is a VPN section in the network settings so I will try this and see if it works.