Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: UPGRADED 2G ver 1.1.4 to ver. 2.0 !!!

  1. #1
    Default UPGRADED 2G ver 1.1.4 to ver. 2.0 !!!
    Wonder if anybody knows..........after i upgraded my 1.1.4 to ver 2.0 (everything works just fine, sweet, really!) and after i sync-ed it with itunes, i got this message in itunes...."AN UPDATE TO THE CARRIER SETTING FOR YOUR IPHONE IS AVAILABLE". Does anybody know what is that?

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 143 Times in 138 Posts

    I saw this in another section. not sure what it is but better off not updating or accepting it

  3. #3

  4. #4
    so 2.0 can be jailbroken

  5. #5
    yes, and unlocked

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzio1963 View Post
    Wonder if anybody knows..........after i upgraded my 1.1.4 to ver 2.0 (everything works just fine, sweet, really!) and after i sync-ed it with itunes, i got this message in itunes...."AN UPDATE TO THE CARRIER SETTING FOR YOUR IPHONE IS AVAILABLE". Does anybody know what is that?
    I get this message every time I open iTunes with my phone plugged in. It will fail to update anyways. Still trying to figure out if it is possible to suppress this message from popping up...

  7. #7
    i heard lots of other ppl were recieving this message also...

    i have someone in miami who unlocks the 3g for 75 dollars...it is an actual store who sells unlocked phones
    Last edited by stunna2095; 2008-07-23 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #8
    I wonder for how much they are nselling those 3G unlocked iphone? I k now 1 store here in Chicago area..............they want $1500.00 !!!!!!!!!! for 8GB phone. Can u imagine????????? Crazy.....................

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stunna2095 View Post
    i heard lots of other ppl were recieving this message also...

    i have someone in miami who unlocks the 3g for 75 dollars...it is an actual store who sells unlocked phones
    I am in Ft. Lauderdale & was wondering if you could put me in touch w/ this person? If you would rather send me a private message thru the forum please feel free. Thank you.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

    Wanderlei Silva

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stunna2095 View Post
    i heard lots of other ppl were recieving this message also...

    i have someone in miami who unlocks the 3g for 75 dollars...it is an actual store who sells unlocked phones
    Another urban legend... That's what I figured your response would be! Stop posting lies. There is no Unlock YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

    Wanderlei Silva

  11. #11
    im not lying...some indian guy who works bymy job claims he can unlock it. i dont have a 3g so i personally dont know for sure but i think its possible......dont quote me on that though. sorry didnt mean to get ppls hopes up just repeating what happened.

  12. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stunna2095 View Post
    im not lying...some indian guy who works bymy job claims he can unlock it. i dont have a 3g so i personally dont know for sure but i think its possible......dont quote me on that though. sorry didnt mean to get ppls hopes up just repeating what happened.
    So you live in SFL then? Im in Lauderdale. Let me know where this guy is in Miami & I'll go find out for myself what the deal is... Thanks ahead of time.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

    Wanderlei Silva

  13. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Western mass
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Way off topic, Lets get back to the People that did get their Iphone unlocked and jail broken with T-mobile!

    Please make a list of what you used, and settings..Any problems? All information will help the next person, and the devlopers come out with updates.

    Thanks Mod..

  14. #14
    Ok.....first gen iPhone with 1.1.4
    It is easy to upgrade to 2.0
    U already knew that of course but one person emailed me with the question of steps i took, and i have deleted his/her email............so, here`s a link

    Winpwn 2.0 Guide - iPhone News & Review

    It works perfectly, not even 1 error!! I have done this on 3 iPhones in my family!!!!

    Good luck.

    And YES, we are with T-Mobile!!!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •