Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile on 1st Gen iPhone (Win)?

Default T-Mobile on 1st Gen iPhone (Win)?
    Ok so i'm totally confused but I'm trying to see if i've got this straight. I know the Dev. Team has come up with a 2.0 hack for 1st Gen iPhones if you run OS X but what if you run Windows?

I've got a 1st Gen. that's running 1.4 on T-Mobile and i'm willing to keep it that way because it works but i'd like to get it upgraded so i can get this new damn iTunes to view my iPhone and i can transfer music. So as of now, there is no hack that allows a first gen iPhone to upgrade to 2.0 and run t-mobile on Windows right?

If you can understand that. Thanks for the help.

yeah its only out for os x currently. im sure a windows version will be out soon.

although if you search on google there is a method that you can emulate os x on windows and run the pwnage tool through that which will effectively get you up and running.

Of note, im on tmobile with 2.0 as i write this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skizkit For This Useful Post:

Ricobob (2008-07-21)

there is a method of upgrading to 2.0 using winpwn to pwn your 1.1.4 fw and restoring to 2.0 custom fw uploaded yesterday. Unfortunetly I am on my iPhone right now and can not copy and paste you the link to the specifc thread I am talking about. I believe it is in the pwnage section as a stickey.