Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tzones vs. Web

Default Tzones vs. Web
    Whats faster? the Tzones or mobile web? im trying to listen to aol radio and it just says stopped? wont load. i have tzones as we speak should i upgrade so i can listen to the radio while im not at home thanks.

T-Zones is slower, but generally not enough to be a huge difference. Some apps simply don't work with T-Zone's Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnew70x7 View Post
    T-Zones is slower, but generally not enough to be a huge difference. Some apps simply don't work with T-Zone's Edge.
    Well that just sux now doesnt it? How would i determine what apps can use the edge? i really want to listen to internet radio at work. with the aol radio app on 2.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downtrodn View Post
    Well that just sux now doesnt it? How would i determine what apps can use the edge? i really want to listen to internet radio at work. with the aol radio app on 2.0
    Well you could always upgrade to 2ndGen 3G. All kidding a side, you are not going to have the same connection as if you were over wifi...some of these apps over edge are data intensive. Just a thought!

yea I'm considering getting the 3g once Tmobile gets the connection, I just want to be able to listen to pandora radio and some others, but my tzones won't let them load. Will the PDA web service work better than tzones? If it will even work at all? I just need for when im in my car and at work. If anyone has got pandora radio, Aol radio to work with edge on 2.0 work please let me know. Thanks again
    Last edited by downtrodn; 2008-07-21 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by downtrodn View Post
    yea I'm considering getting the 3g once Tmobile gets the connection, I just want to be able to listen to pandora radio and some others, but my tzones won't let them load. Will the PDA web service work better than tzones? If it will even work at all? I just need for when im in my car and at work. If anyone has got pandora radio, Aol radio to work with edge on 2.0 work please let me know. Thanks again
    i don't think tmobile's 3g is going to be compatitible with the iphone 3g

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnew70x7 View Post

That statement is wrong. TZones is slower than the regular 19.99 internet, but not to the point where you cant use apps with it. Dont listen to that. Your not playing Gears of War in Multiplayer, your phone doesnt have any programs that require tons of bandwidth. Dont think that you need $19.99 service when you can get something close to it for a quarter of the price.

The reason that TZones is slower is because your internet is being rerouted through a proxy. But its not so slow that it is unbearable.