Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with getting T-Mobile working on I-Phone

Default Help with getting T-Mobile working on I-Phone
    I purchased a I-Phone the first day they came out and cancelled my account about a month later due to service issues where I live. About a month ago I started to play around with the hacks and got the phone unlocked. Purchased a prepaid T-Mobile SIM today to try and get it to work with the ANYSIM App. ANYSIM has installed ok, when I put the T-Mobile SIM in I get a error message in I-Tunes stating "There is no carrier that supports the installed SIM Card in the iPhone. Please disconnect and insert a valid SIM card in the iphone."

I think somewhere along the way of doing some of the hacks I accidentially upgraded to version 1.1.2 and firmware 04.02.13_G when I restored cause I botched something up. I downgraded and currently running version 1.1.1 and firmware 04.01.13_G.

Has anyone gotten this error message in I-Tunes before and know how to get the prepaid t-mobile sim working with the iphone?? or does anyone know if I am stuck cause i upgraded once to 1.1.2 and 04.02.13_G??

Sorry for the long post, all help is appreciated!

have you try upload the lockdown file? it might take care the problem for the itune sim error.

It said the same thing to me after I unlocked mine. But when I upgraded to 1.1.2 using the hack, it worked.

Try this:

1) Go the bottom of this page (I think this is where you are now)
    http://www.hackthatphone.com/112/iph...windows_3.html

2) Click "Page 4" and follow the directions to upgrade 1.1.2.

Good luck!

Brent

may be a silly question but what is the lockdown file to upload???

Not sure if prepay is same as post pay, but i had unrecognized errors untill i finally gotten to jailbroken 1.1.2. The like magic T-mobile with 5 bars appeared.

Not sure why it wouldn't work on earlier firmware versions. (I'm using a stealth sim).

So if all else fails, maybe restore and do the process again. A lot of very detailed full length guides have been written. Even you tube videos of people doing the steps. So should be pretty easy to redo the process. good luck.