Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just bought a locked 1st gen 2.0 iphone

Default Just bought a locked 1st gen 2.0 iphone
    Hi all...

I bought a used 1st gen 2.0 iphone and it was on att before. I have t-mobile so what is my first step in unlocking this sucker. I don't have a mac so I can't use pnwage. I've read a ton of post these past few days and don't know where to begin. Any help is appreciated

ah it's not that hard. get vmware, get osx leopard. and that's it. you can run osx on a virtual machine through vmware and use pwnagetool.

Quote Originally Posted by pritesh23 View Post
    Hi all...

I bought a used 1st gen 2.0 iphone and it was on att before. I have t-mobile so what is my first step in unlocking this sucker. I don't have a mac so I can't use pnwage. I've read a ton of post these past few days and don't know where to begin. Any help is appreciated
    I just did this yesterday, except I started with 1.x firmware. Here I roughly what I had to do to get it 'pwned' and am now working on getting T-mbile Total Internet to work on it.

(This was all done on OSX 10.5.x)
    1. Made sure iTunes was up to date (version 7.7?).
    2. Plugged in the used iPhone, it asked to Update it to 2.0, I DID NOT update yet
    3. I restored the iPhone to it's original state (wiping the previous owners info and starting fresh, this also updated it to 2.0 frmware)
    4. Located PwnageTool 2.0.1
    5. Had to locate Bootloader 3.9 and 4.6(v?) files
    6. Used PwnageTool to install Cydia, Change Logos, and use Boot Neuter to update bootloader to 4.6 (when it says it can't find firmware just select ok and then it will ask to locate the firmware files)
    7. Waited patiently between all the restoring and reboots.

This info should get you on the right track Getting into DFU mode when PwnageTool tells you was the hardest for me for some reason. Took me like 10 tries and took forever....

Also, to restore the ipfw file that PwnageTool creates you need to hold Alt then click the Restore button in iTunes. This I couldn't figure out for a while also.

Hope this helps!

Where can i get the vmware?