Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tmobile 3G Fix Idea (Throwin' ideas out there)

Question Tmobile 3G Fix Idea (Throwin' ideas out there)
    Alright, so I've seen a couple hardware add-ons that third parties have made that plugged into the dock connector on the original iphone. I've seen GPS add-on, and I've also seen an external battery.

Theoretically, could someone make an external antennae that accepts the TMobile frequencies for the iPhone, and develop an iphone app for jailbroken phones that would communicate with it? And it would be a little piece that plugs into the dock connector as well.

Yes, I know it would be a long shot. And to get production on something like that would not be likely.... But, in theory. WOULD IT?!?

You need to mod the antennae inside which is risky because iPhone 3G parts values are cheap and it could break easily. I'm not sure if you could make an external one unless you disable the one internally and make the iPhone 3G believe it has an external antennae. I personally think it's not a great idea to have an external antennae anyways.

Not only that, the software would also need to be changed and a dramatic rewrite to the baseband. I dont think anyone would spend the months it would take to do this all for just one carrier