Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Which Is Better T-Zones or Total Internet

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Which Is Better T-Zones or Total Internet
    what u think is better T-Zones or Total Internet...
    If i help u n some way give me a tnks!!
    Theres no other, all i can say is MMi Rocks!!

1.1.1 iPhone 8GB/Nokia 6131(when im out of country)/Samsungt519(just for emergency)
    PS3 60GB/XBox 360 Elite 120GB/Wii
    iBook n VAIO Laptops

I would go with total internet I was told by t-mobile that if use just t-zones its for real basic websites so if you want to go to every website you have to have total internet.

that's actually not right.
    I have t-zones for 5.99 and i could go to all websites

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

T Zones($5.99) and Total internet($19.99) are exactly the same on an iPhone. The only difference is that you cant view YouTube via EDGE on T Zones other than that they are exactly the same as far as speed goes.

Quote Originally Posted by gavakie View Post
    I would go with total internet I was told by t-mobile that if use just t-zones its for real basic websites so if you want to go to every website you have to have total internet.
    Wrong. What you're referring to is TMobile phones. A proxy hacked TZones iPhone gets unlimited internet and data just like the Total Internet plan.
    Last edited by JD914; 2008-02-10 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JD914 For This Useful Post:

nmpeter (2008-02-17)

Actually from the words of a T-mobile tech support individual T-zones is made for only certain websites. It has ports that are closed so some websites are blocked.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I thought total internet was faster then T-zones?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i was originally on total internet spending 19.99 a month... coolest part was youtube search feature worked. yippie...

i switched to tzones, i only spend 5.99 a month now, i can view EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE I EVER TRY TO GO TO and i never have any issues.

i can't search for videos on youtube anymore. but im over that and it works fine when im on wifi anyway.

or you can use tinytube.net which uses youtubes search engine and that works fine on tzones edge.

yippie. i jus saved 14dlrs a month, now i can add unlimited text, yippie.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post:

bifnewman (2008-02-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gavakie View Post
    Actually from the words of a T-mobile tech support individual T-zones is made for only certain websites. It has ports that are closed so some websites are blocked.
    Thats completely true if you have TZones on a T Mobile phone. You will have complete and unlimited access to all websites with proxy hacked TZones iPhone. I'm speaking from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    I thought total internet was faster then T-zones?
    That's not true. You can get an average of 160kbps with both plans depending on how much of a good EDGE singal you have in your area. I have went as high as 210kbps with TZones which is excellent.
    Last edited by JD914; 2008-02-12 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i was wondering how you set up your edge network on tmobile? I have no problem sending and receiving email but the internet wont do a damn thing, and it is painfully slow. I receive bad request, I am using the 5.99 internet and wondering what i did wrong. i set it as apn:wap.voicestream.com

I used to have T-zones but switched to total internet because a) my t-zones stopped working well on the iPhone after about a month (I had it prior to the iPhone as well), b) total internet gives you T-Mobile hot spot access (i.e., Starbucks), and c) total internet is a lot faster than t-zones in my experience.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ak17 View Post
    c) total internet is a lot faster than t-zones in my experience.
    Thats your opinion but not fact. I have put both T Zones and Total internet phones to the test with www.iphone.networktest.com and the speeds are identical.

Quote Originally Posted by nderosa View Post
    i was wondering how you set up your edge network on tmobile? I have no problem sending and receiving email but the internet wont do a damn thing, and it is painfully slow. I receive bad request, I am using the 5.99 internet and wondering what i did wrong. i set it as apn:wap.voicestream.com
    You need to read the stickies in this section, the answer to you question is right in front of you.

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17463
    Last edited by JD914; 2008-02-14 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

T-Zones hack FTW!

Thanks

I've been looking into switching to t-mobile. thanks for the info in these topics. I'm currently running 1.1.3 locked to at+crap but throughly hacked. I know there are many guides on unlocking to move carriers. is there any one thats better then the rest?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have t-zones hack on my iphone and it's slow as Christmas. 78kbps often times with full signal in the middle of a major city. Also, I have to stop, then refresh pages to get them to load properly or at all. I'm thinking of going back to total internet add on. Hopefully it will be faster. I never had a single problem with it before. Any comments?
    Everyday is a New Day...

Total internet FTW!

I was running the proxy hack for T-zones when I first got the Iphone also. It worked perfectly for 2 months, then slowly but surely the EDGE speed was "degrading". I was average 150-170 kbs and every other day it drops another 10kbs then for a week I was running an average of 10-30 kbs. Even in the same spots that I achieved 200+ kbs in the prior months, I got 30 kbs.

I went online and changed the plan to the Total Internet add on, and within a couple of hours, I was back to full speed. That is just from my experience. I tried to "stick it out" and see if the speed got any faster, but no luck. Im guessing, since I was using alot of the data network for supposedly WAP pages, could they have "Throttled" me back?

That is just my experience.

no i definitely agree im now on the 19.99 plan and its a world of difference and speed

IMO the full data plan. I had the hack. IT WAS A HIT OR MISS. And youtube never worked. Unless on WIFI. Now I'm on the Full data plan all is well and the speed is quicker and I get YOUTUBE...YEAH I'm in a major us city Austin,Tx. This plan works better for me. IMO

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just like the last couple of posters, I too have made the switch from T-Zones to the Total Internet plan. What solidified the decision to go with the Total Internet plan one may ask? For me being able to use Pandora, Simplify Media and MxTube are huge benefits on top of the speed increase. Tzones averaged 80-85KBs vs. Total Internet which averages 150KBs - 200KBs depending on signal strength. YouTube works perfectly and no lame TIMEOUT issues.

I just switched over to total internet, I'll update soon.
    Last edited by vc24; 2008-09-12 at 04:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast