Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: will new 3g iphone GPS work on Tmobile

Default will new 3g iphone GPS work on Tmobile
    will the 3g iphone GPS work on tmobile when its all unlocked and jailbroken

The GPS chip has nothing to do with your service, its only pinging satilites way out there in outer space.

However, Google maps works across your "data" connection, so.....get your data connection working with Tmo and you should be good to go.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

cvillalona (2008-07-16)

3G: No, you will not be able to use it on T-Mobile as it's 3G connection is on a different frequency compared to ATT's 3G data service

GPS: Yes, if you are able to have a internet data connection from T-Mobile (Primarily the $19.99 data plan or $5.99 T-zones Plan)

Do you have T-Mobile and Internet Services now on your iPhone?

^^^As I said. He only asked about the GPS functionality.

the 3g has edge just like 2g so u can turn off the 3g untill oct 08 when tmo will release the 3g and then its just time till we see if we will be able to hook up 3g on the iphone i hope im sure dev team is already lookin in to way to code it while jailbreaking and activation

Quote Originally Posted by MAKAVE71 View Post
    the 3g has edge just like 2g so u can turn off the 3g untill oct 08 when tmo will release the 3g and then its just time till we see if we will be able to hook up 3g on the iphone i hope im sure dev team is already lookin in to way to code it while jailbreaking and activation
    You cannot change 3G frequencies through software, so no it probably won't work on T-Mobile.

T-Mobile is not stupid, they might lease some 1900/2100 spectrum from Sprint or other companies in major cities to satisfy increased demand from 3g iphone users.

To answer your initial question ... my GPS doesn't work anymore on the unlocked (via sim) iphone 3g.

Quote Originally Posted by pulalau View Post
    To answer your initial question ... my GPS doesn't work anymore on the unlocked (via sim) iphone 3g.
    it should other peoples works just fine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I imagine that it would work with the $19.99 data plan.