Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking 1st Gen iPhone

Default Unlocking 1st Gen iPhone
    Well I got a 1st Gen iphone from my brother (he upgraded to 3G). Well I was successful with downgrading 2.0 firmware to 1.1.4 and I was able to create an ipsw with the PwnageTool. I now have the installed on the iphone and I checked during the building ipsw process unlock jailbreak and activate. Once the iPhone booted up I attempted to insert my t-mobile sim and I have no bars. I restarted the phone a few times and still cannot make calls. I then downloaded ziphone 3.0 and used the advanced features and attempted to unlock through that. It completed successfully and I still cannot make phone calls. Can anyone help me. I am leaving for a business trip later this week and would like to get this working. I have spent the past 6 hours searching please help....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Search the guides...

Thanks I found my fix on iclarified.com

i luked in tha mirror n im sooo sexy today.LMAO

check your bootloader version. Also try restoring to locked condition with ziphone and then restoring in iTunes. Afterwards use just ziphone. You shouldn't need advanced features. Worked for me and I've been unlocked since 1.01. I've always done it with command line or ziphone. I'm not discrediting pwnage or anything, I've just never needed it and wont nothing till 2.0 unlock is out

guys i need serious help, ive been at this for days, i just got my first gen iphone off ebay and have been trying to unlock it for the longest time it seems. Im trying to use pwnage to unlock it because i have it in 2.0version and cant seem to download the program becuase i need authorization or sumthing. Can someone please help me out, with like the password or like news on it or whatever, i just want to have my phone working. please

I'm having that same problem as Switch 42 ...... can anyone tell me what the fix was ? Please point me in the right direction .
    thanks