Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Going with T-mobile, steps for successful activation

Red face Going with T-mobile, steps for successful activation
    When I get my iPhone I plan to take it to T-mobile to get it activated since I dont have 3G coverage, nor do I have have the money to spend an extra $10 for a plan that I wont be able to afford the plan I want-600min+unlimited text +data-with my "little" job

I want to know what is the first step in getting prepared for setting up and activating the iPhone along with its data working properly?
    -Ya kno I want to make sure that the data and everything works as good as if it were activated on its home carrier At&t

Also with the 2.0 update being released would I be able to unlock it and update to 2.0 or will those kind of cancel each other out

Thanks
    -Any and all replys greatly appreciated

Btw, what should I downloading cause for the week or 2 i've been lurking around MMi some people will mention downloading the "t-zone hack" or something? Or will all this stuff come included in the "installer"?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

do not update to 2.0 the unlock is not released yet! also none of the apps can be updated to work on 2.0 until after the unlock is available.
    stick to 1.1.4
    download the t-mobile 1.1.4 t-zones hack,
    the tmobile 1.1.4 carrier logo,
    and make sure tmobile has turned on your $5.99 t-zones internet
    NOT THE 19.99 FULL INTERNET! ITS THE SAME THING!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Don't "take" your phone to Tmobile, they won't know how to activate it. Go to Tmobile sign up for an account and get one of their free phones. Tell them you want the $5.99 Tzones. When you get home, keep the iPhone on 1.1.4, use the pwntool to jailbreak and unlock. Insert the Tmobile sim card and voila. Then using installer download the tzones hack and whatever else you want to use and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by freakoftheindustry View Post
    Don't "take" your phone to Tmobile, they won't know how to activate it. Go to Tmobile sign up for an account and get one of their free phones. Tell them you want the $5.99 Tzones. When you get home, keep the iPhone on 1.1.4, use the pwntool to jailbreak and unlock. Insert the Tmobile sim card and voila. Then using installer download the tzones hack and whatever else you want to use and enjoy.
    So you mean I would have to sign up for a 2-year contract
    -Like I dont have to much of a problem with the contract, but I also wanna be their for the iPhone v3 launch cause I think their will be much more of an upgrade than the iPhone 3G

Someone on another forum told me to go to T-Mobile and get a plan called "FlexPay" or something like that and just use the iPhone on that

Btw do recommend using "pwn" cause I havnt heard many good thing about it? When I jailbreak my iPhone I want a safe guaranteed JB program to do it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

TMO has a pay as you go plan, but if you plan on using the tzones it will get expensive.

-Like I dont have to much of a problem with the contract, but I also wanna be their for the iPhone v3 launch cause I think their will be much more of an upgrade than the iPhone 3G
    I have no idea what it is you said here.

iPhone DevTeam's Pwntool is probably the safest JB program our there. But you can read up on the different software in the guides section and judge for yourself

If you are only going to use a prepaid, then you are out of luck with any internet plan. As far as the pwn jailbreak, unlock and activate, I fully agree with a previous poster that it is the safest of the bunch.

i have tmobile "pay as u go" on first gen 8gb iphone on 1.1.3 FW and i use the $20 a month data plan because of it. i'm not sure if u can use $5.99 hack and plan if u don't use 2 year contract. don't play with the 2.0 FW until it's unlocked and bugs fixed. it will make calls and thats it for tmobile until WinPwn hits 2.0.0.3.
    i used to pray to the Lord every night and ask Him for a bicycle- but then i realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for Him to forgive me...

Quote Originally Posted by bboysunz View Post
    i have tmobile "pay as u go" on first gen 8gb iphone on 1.1.3 FW and i use the $20 a month data plan because of it. i'm not sure if u can use $5.99 hack and plan if u don't use 2 year contract. don't play with the 2.0 FW until it's unlocked and bugs fixed. it will make calls and thats it for tmobile until WinPwn hits 2.0.0.3.
    Umm...You can do more than just make calls on the unlocked 2.0 FW. I Have a 1st gen iPhone with 2.0 FW and can make calls, text, and use internet with my t-mobile sim

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are you planning on staying with tMobile for a while? If so it might be worthwhile getting a 1 year (you might pay a little extra). Use the phone as a backup or just sell it to a dealer. There are plenty of those people that opted for a 2 year and don't want to pay "new" prices.

My suggestion as far as internet plan. I have the total internet and it seems to work ok. I'm not that close to many hotspots so it works better in my case. If you are close to alot of free hotspots, then try the tzone hack.

Are you big into picture messages? If you are into them DON"T upgrade to 2.0 yet, stay at 1.1.4 and get Swirly MMS. I used that until I did the new firmware and the recent release they put out is very nice (worth the fee). But it doesn't work on 2.0 yet.

I just upgraded last night so I haven't had much time on 2.0. Just read the section about the PWN version you'll use and it should go ok. Make sure you have alot of Free Memory for the program to use.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrsidewayzz's Avatar
    Thanks

im a t-mobile member already and just got a free iphone, would i be able to use my sidekick sim card internet on the iphone successfully?
    mrsidewayzz
    iPhone 2G 16GB, iPod Classic 120GB
    MacBook 13.3" 2.0ghz 250GB 2GB
    YNSA, USN

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrsidewayzz View Post
    im a t-mobile member already and just got a free iphone, would i be able to use my sidekick sim card internet on the iphone successfully?
    you can use your sim but your sidekicks intenet plan wont work on iphone ..